After 1 month - 2 Nitpicks on 2015 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the same design that was on the NNBS Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid ... cut in half, sand, color match is the solution.

And be careful when you do scrape it, cause if you do it too hard it will push the bumper up against the fenders and they will buckle at their weakest point at the joint by the wheel well. Almost every Hybrid I ever saw had that issue after a few months, and there's no easy/cheap way to fix it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question ...

I keep hearing/reading significant complaints from 15 Escalade owners about the CUE system. Mainly in regards to what seems to be crazy amount of lag in response time. People are reporting sometimes waiting 4-5 seconds between the time they press a command and when it executes.

I'm not sure how closely related the MyLink system is to the Cue, although I assume it's basically the same thing but for the skin ... so I just wanted to kn ow if this is an issue with the Yukon/Tahoe nav/ent systems as well?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question ...

I keep hearing/reading significant complaints from 15 Escalade owners about the CUE system. Mainly in regards to what seems to be crazy amount of lag in response time. People are reporting sometimes waiting 4-5 seconds between the time they press a command and when it executes.

I'm not sure how closely related the MyLink system is to the Cue, although I assume it's basically the same thing but for the skin ... so I just wanted to kn ow if this is an issue with the Yukon/Tahoe nav/ent systems as well?

Negative. Yukon system works great. I came from MFT (My Ford Touch). The GM system is LIGHT YEARS ahead of it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good to know ... thanks.

Gavenger

Reaction score
My 2015 tahoe LT has some lag in it. But as an IT Guy I may be a bit...picky

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Can the front lower valance be removed? I know it might hurt fuel mileage, just curious how it would look.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Denali has lag in it. So much that I'm not really pleased with it. Changing channels it has no problem, but try browsing your iPod/iPhone for playlists or changing to song. Takes entirely too long as compared to the ford explorer or even my 12' silverado. *this is when using the USB. I'll have to check the Bluetooth.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just used to my crappy Ford system....

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lowest point on my lower valence on my 2015 denali is 8 inches off the ground. The lowest point on my 2012 Z71 work truck is 8 3/4 inches. My work truck gets driven down the worst oil field lease roads in south Texas and I have never once scraped it on the ground. I would think it would be pretty hard to scrape the valence on my denali driving around town. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just a matter of height, it's a matter of positioning and the angles of the front clip.

My NNBS hybrid valance also was marginally lower compared to the non-hybrids, but the non hybrids had their valance recessed under the bumper right in front of the tires, whereas the hybrid just like the 15+ trucks the front bumper and valance go straight down at the very front of the vehicle, making them really easy to scrape. Trust me I know. My NNBS hybrid valance was easier to scrape than my NNBS Escalade with a 2" front drop, even tho the difference tween the two valances at stock height was a lot less.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Show and tell:

2013-chevrolet-tahoe%20hybrid-side_8222_001_640x480_41u.jpg

2015-gmc-yukon-denali-side-view.jpg

2013-Chevrolet-Tahoe.jpg

The 15+ trucks were designed based on the aerodynamics of the NNBS hybrids. If you look at the valance relative to the headlights on the 15+ and Hybrid you will see the valance lines up with the from of the headlight, whereas on the NNBS Tahoe it was at the back of the headlight.

I know it doesn't seem like much but it results in a big difference in clearance because of the angle of attack if the seam between the road and a driveway are at a severe angle.

The 15+ won't be as bad as the Hybrid, but it'll be worse than the NNBS non hybrids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leschew