Acoustic laminated glass in 2022 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

busi4eun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if 2022 tahoe has acoustic laminated glass on windshield only or windshield and front side? The website only says acoustic laminated glass is standard so I believe it is only on windshield because if front side was also, they would mention since a good marketing chance. I did not find any other info on the web, does anyone have more info on this?

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know that as well. I test drove 2022 LT and was surprised that it was way louder on a highway than my 2020.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the GMC site lists Laminated Glass in the front door windows as well, Chevrolet only mentions "Acoustic Laminated Glass"...could be part of what makes the GMC +$2500...

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can tell if the side windows are laminated or not. Look at the logo at the base of the window. It will say Laminated or Tempered...
Saw a review of 2023 Toyota Sequoia where the reviewer said acoustic glass is only on the windshield and front doors plus only available on highest trim level.

OP
OP
B

busi4eun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Saw a review of 2023 Toyota Sequoia where the reviewer said acoustic glass is only on the windshield and front doors plus only available on highest trim level.
This is correct, same as Tundra in which they share parts with 2023 Sequoia, acoustic laminated only on windshield up to Platinum trim and windshield and front door on Capstone trim only.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked on my At4, front windows say laminated. Rears do not. I do hear alot of wind noise coming from the rear but suspect the seals or exterior trim more than the glass itself.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is correct, same as Tundra in which they share parts with 2023 Sequoia, acoustic laminated only on windshield up to Platinum trim and windshield and front door on Capstone trim only.
Thanks for the clarification - it had me wondering why only the Capstone. Reviewer did imply it isn’t needed behind the front seats.

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can any of the LS LT owners from 2021+ model year chime in on the side front windows? on 2020 LS side windows were laminated but I cannot find a single 2022 to check side windows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd