a/c broke please help it's HOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slapmonkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just bought an 01 tahoe LT ac blows cold in the morning and at night but when it's hot it blows hot. And the back always blows warm this is my family vehicle but to hot to ride in.
what to do.

thanks
kenny

DallasD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the freeon level checked good chance you are just low if it blows cold sometimes. I rhink you can even go to the local parts store and get a can with a pressure gauge on it. Not sure how much they are but no more that $20.

OP
OP
S

slapmonkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks

My father and I tried that but it only took 1/2 a can and still does not cool, but the compressor keeps kicking on and off.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it to a mechanic.

Agreed - nobody is trying to disregard your issue, it's just I don't think there is enough information to go on here. It's best if a mechanic tests the line pressure etc and diagnoses it properly.

BOSS

Pat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks

My father and I tried that but it only took 1/2 a can and still does not cool, but the compressor keeps kicking on and off.

I just had the same problem on my 01. I put a can in myself and it did nothing. Took it to the dealer and turns out I did need the system charged but I also had a messed up dash controler. My ac was on all the time even when the light said it was off. My heater wasn't working either. $400 for a new control and $100 to charge the system and everything is good now. Probably not the money you wanted to here but that's what it took. good luck.

OP
OP
S

slapmonkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help it's my 1st chevy and family vehicle and the newest thang i have ever owned only paid $5,500 for it fully loaded with foose 22's