98 Tahoe..Heater randomly stops blowing air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmh1009

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 98 Tahoe that the heater randomly stops blowing air. Usually kicks back on during the same trip but recently it stopped completely. Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do all vents and settings shut down when this happens? That would be the blower motor on the passenger side or the controller on the dash **assuming** all fuses look good and no other weird electrical gremlins.

There’s a single power connection to the motor, should be as simple as checking for voltage with a multimeter with the fan off then on and checking voltage (thinking it will be 12). Voltage issue would point me to electrical/AC controller.

The motor is pretty darn simple, but not overly fun to replace. If it’s the motor, try to sneak a shopvac or vacuum cleaner hose into the condenser area for that pile of leaves. They’re there, even if you live in a desert.

Before this started did make a noise like birds fighting? Try kicking the round area in the bottom right of the passenger footwell

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more tidbit, if you do end up replacing the motor or control unit, go Delco. In my experience with GMs and Toyotas, going cheap here will guarantee you’ll be doing the job again next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts