95 2 door Tahoe Blender actuator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
The blender actuator on the passenger side is bad I think. When the a/c is turned on, it just clicks/knocks. I had to pull the fuse to get it to stop. Is there anyway to get to that one without taking the dash off? Any help is greatly appreciated. The actuator on the driver side is fine, that actuator moves and moves the rod as well.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken the blower motor box does separate from the rest of the HVAC system with out removal or the dash this might put you very close to where you want to go visit your local bone yard and check it out maybe dissect it a bit 92-99 blazers,Yukon’s,suburbans,and all sorts of gm-gmc pick ups

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken the blower motor box does separate from the rest of the HVAC system with out removal or the dash this might put you very close to where you want to go visit your local bone yard and check it out maybe dissect it a bit 92-99 blazers,Yukon’s,suburbans,and all sorts of gm-gmc pick ups

Thanks! I'll check it out

NastyNate98

Reaction score
Let me know what you find, I believe I will be replacing mine next week

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blender actuator on the passenger side is bad I think. When the a/c is turned on, it just clicks/knocks. I had to pull the fuse to get it to stop. Is there anyway to get to that one without taking the dash off? Any help is greatly appreciated. The actuator on the driver side is fine, that actuator moves and moves the rod as well.

That should be the temperature door actuator, it controls air flow to the heater core and is roughly behind the ashtray.

I’ve seen posts where people did replace it without pulling the dash. It’s not in an ideal location, I think you just have to say the right cuss words to get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I checked it out. It's just ridiculous. The actuator I need to replace isn't the one behind the ashtray, it is above and behind the box. It does control heat. I just unplugged the pigtail for now and I can get cool-ish air through the defrost vents so I'm ok with that for the second. But I'm going to have to either put a million swivel extensions and a thumb ratchet on this stupid thing or I'm going to have to drop the dash again. For right now, that is Future Dawn's problem LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC