93BlkOnGreen's RC Toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
93blkongreenpro

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the newest member. The Redcat Cyclone XB10. It's brushed power right now, but i just ordered the HW Quick run 10BL60 sensored combo 10.5T turn. I have extra Flysky GT receiver so I'm will use that. I also orders a 13kg steering servo as well to replace the stock 3kg servo. I may order some Proline buggy wheels and the street soft compound rear tires as well. I'm looking to go atleast 40-50mph with this combo.

It's a best buy "exclusive" and was on "sale" for $79.99($179.99 list price). I had $25 in rewards, so $58. Upon looking for spare parts, I came across the BSD BS 709, which is the SAME EXACT THING FOR $79.99 and it's a 2014 model. So atleast I know parts are readily available at monkeyhobby.com.

I want to run a 24t pinion (20 stock) and see how motor temps are on 3s lipo.

f0452f94c2f993f607f790afc25d7f7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93blkongreenpro, I am serious about wanting a Christmas present for myself; perhaps cyber Monday or black Friday will have good deals and I'll buy it earlier.

As stated, I had a Traxxas Revo years ago and a T Maxx (2.4?) when it first came out probably 15 years ago. I've had a hand full of electric cars too but I like the nitro cars!

Is something like the Redcat Earthquake 3.5 a good starter truck (for $269 + accessories and fuel)? I'd love to buy a big motor TMaxx or Revo but I really don't want to spend $500 lol.

OP
OP
93blkongreenpro

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93blkongreenpro, I am serious about wanting a Christmas present for myself; perhaps cyber Monday or black Friday will have good deals and I'll buy it earlier.

As stated, I had a Traxxas Revo years ago and a T Maxx (2.4?) when it first came out probably 15 years ago. I've had a hand full of electric cars too but I like the nitro cars!

Is something like the Redcat Earthquake 3.5 a good starter truck (for $269 + accessories and fuel)? I'd love to buy a big motor TMaxx or Revo but I really don't want to spend $500 lol.
If you are into nitro, the earthquake is a favorite in nitro and electric. I didn't want to mess with the so-soness of nitro, so I went 2 cycle. When nitro runs, it runs. When it doesn't want too, it doesn't want to. My wife is like that. I dnt need my RC's to be like that, lol. They also have factory Red cat aluminum upgrades and the such, so that should scratch your itch when its time to upgrade. When you are tired of the nitro, electric stuff is a pretty straightforward swap.

Let me know and I can get you the dealers info. I know 2.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice post!
that puppy flies! I have never owned a 1/5th scale. But i have had a lot over the years. Back in the 80's i had Tamiya "The Hornet" and Team Associated Rc-10's etc.. Then i got into gas powered 2 speeds. That thing was fun. But one wrong turn would be a co$tly one. haha. My last house was all tile floors so i had a bunch of HPi e10's that were a blast to drift all over the house with my buddies. Now you are making me want to get into it again.

I actually just gave ALL my cars and parts to my buddies son a few months ago. He always drooled over them and i rarely ever used them so then went to a great place. Here's a few of my e10's.

e10.jpg

e102.jpg

g266.jpg

g20.jpg

e103.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
93blkongreenpro

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/5 is fun, but it's expensive as hell. Everything cost so much. $200 esc. $150 motor. $165 wheels. When i bought the 1/10 esc and motor for $92, and the tires and rims are $40, I was like, this is life! But the 1/5 require a bunch of room to run. I was at maybe 3/4 throttle on that vid. I need a solid 1/2 acre to have any fun.

So I figured the 1/10 buggy would be a good start. And that sensored combo would allow me to swap into something else if I so decided to build a drifter or put it in the e10 crawler.

But I must say, your collection was looking nice! I love that mint/teal 50 and that TA! That's a lucky kid that got that stuff! I wouldn't have minded having a few of those!

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1/5 is fun, but it's expensive as hell. Everything cost so much. $200 esc. $150 motor. $165 wheels. When i bought the 1/10 esc and motor for $92, and the tires and rims are $40, I was like, this is life! But the 1/5 require a bunch of room to run. I was at maybe 3/4 throttle on that vid. I need a solid 1/2 acre to have any fun.

So I figured the 1/10 buggy would be a good start. And that sensored combo would allow me to swap into something else if I so decided to build a drifter or put it in the e10 crawler.

But I must say, your collection was looking nice! I love that mint/teal 50 and that TA! That's a lucky kid that got that stuff! I wouldn't have minded having a few of those!

yeah these things can sure eat up the money! but its much cheaper than upgrading Real cars haha. Yeah he's a great kid and uses them all the time. One day i will surely get the bug again. Sucks when you get gas or something as big as 1/5 you have to travel to find a place where you have room and arent bothering neighbors etc.. But i bet your boy has a blast with you. Thats awesome

OP
OP
93blkongreenpro

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah these things can sure eat up the money! but its much cheaper than upgrading Real cars haha. Yeah he's a great kid and uses them all the time. One day i will surely get the bug again. Sucks when you get gas or something as big as 1/5 you have to travel to find a place where you have room and arent bothering neighbors etc.. But i bet your boy has a blast with you. Thats awesome
Sometimes it cheaper than real cars, lmao.

But this time of year it's easy. Football fields. Baseball fields. Parks. No one is out, so Saturday mornings are mint. Imma load my stuff up this Saturday and do some speed runs before a few upgrades. Start posting the vids on YouTube for record keeping and to help folks out.

I havnt ran my MT in months since losing a rear dog bone pin, so I need to stretch it's legs and make sure I park it fuel-less to I don't have to worry about guming up the carb.

Depends on how this buggy goes, I may do a drifter/ top speed combination with a change of tires/gears type deal for a 2-in-1 combo to help my pockets out! I'll look into the hpi e10!

OP
OP
93blkongreenpro

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm slowly warning my wife of my upcoming purchase, lol!

Definitely will be purchasing a Redcat Earthquake.
All of mine were "raffle wins" lol. She said "you sure are lucky winning those things." I think I heard slight sarcasm in her voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter