880 fog light install questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
so i just need to ask a quick question. i got the DDM tuning 880 fog light. there was a thread on here but i cant find it and now its almost the weekend so here it is! instead of a plug in for the fogs there are only 2 wires..i read on here SOMEWHERE that the person just ground down the end of the 2 wires(its actually 2 metal posts) ..and here is where it gets fuzzy..do they just put the ends into the FACTORY harness or where do they go? and do you just tape it up after to seal it from water..got my low beams in yeaterday with out a hitch and cant wait for the fogs..i posted the lows on another thread but ill slap one up here too. thanks.oh yeah there 55w 8000k lows and 8000k 35w fogs picture.jpg

Last edited:

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh just put them straight into your stock connecters. make sure you test the fogs before you tape it. you might have to reverse the wires. just use electrical tape and u'll be fine. make sure you ziptie the ballast as high as possible.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
sweet thanks!! i got a bunch of long zip ties and cant wait for tomorrow! i will throw up a few pics when its all done.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i dont think the 880 will fit..i cracked the ceramic coated wire on the side of the bulb trying to push the bulb into the housing so it can turn and "click" i think the bulb needs to be a 1/8 inch shorter.not sure what happens when you crack the coating on that wire..anybody ever have this happen?
So i tried the light and it still works fine so far. i decided that the only way this is going to work is with a hot glue gun. i put a bead around the hole and placed the light in. i held it in place til the glue hardened and applied more to the outside.i then went around it with electrical tape and here is a pic.i recomend taking the fog lights off for easy access as its just two bolts. i am now waiting til tomorrow to put it in and do the other side.i am also going to order some spare bulbs as they are only $15 a pair..(i hooked up the lights to my friends headlight ballast for easy access)
picture.jpg

Last edited:

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Thats one way to do it.. I may dremel it, if I do I'll post it up, if it works. Your method looks like it will hold up, but whenever I try to rig something up like that I screw up somewhere.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
ya another option would be a put a little spacer in there.there were 4 screws that you could take out and put a 1/4 inch of something to make enough room. i got 3 of them out and the 4th stripped so i just glued..lol.
ya i figure im going to get all new headlights/signals/fogs and get a new grill next year with a street sceene insert(already have the insert) so it didnt bother me that they were glued and taped.ill do the spacer with the fogs then.(would be alot easier if the bulb was just a bit shorter.lol.
but anyway i had my first night time drive last night and i couldnt stop smiling!!! one of my best mods yet! you see the difference is CRAZY!!
picture.jpg

Last edited:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still waiting on mine...

What do you mean spacer? Take pics of the wiring you had trouble wit? Whered you mount your ballasts?

Would love to have this project done in 1 day I'm just an ******* when it comes to wiring...

only systems and guages and I'm good.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
actually when i saw all the wires together it made sense where to plug the wires in.so that was pretty easy.i mounted the ballasts with very long zip ties about 14" ones, i got them tucked under the bumper cover beside my tow hooks.that place looked pretty dry and clean.i will see if i can grab a pic in a day or two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted