4X4 Vibration Fixed and change of plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njJohn

Reaction score
I had a vibration in my new to me '92 Blazer. Around town I never noticed it. I fixed a slight miss and engine stimble and was quite happy. Till I tried to drive to work on hte Parkway. Pretty bad vibration from 35ish to 55ish. Finally got it on my Buddies lift yesturday and found it to be the u-joints. They were replacements, but not quality ones and dry. So now I got 2 new TRW's and all is fine.
I was also on his lift to put the lowering shackles to even out my 1" crank down in the front. Well the bolts are seized in the bushings. Without wanting to take the whole spring down and get into a bigger project. I just cranked the front back up.

edit: the vibration would only be while on the gas at those speeds. Coasting it wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
njJohn

njJohn

Reaction score
OK, the vibration came back! But, let me jump the gun and tell you I fixed it. I noticed the notorious bang on take-off slowly came back and so did the vibration at speed. GREASE THE SLIP YOKE! Thats a statement by BOWTIEFREAK I found while doing a search. Originally the slip yoke got a little trans fluid on it when doing the u-joints. Once that fluid pushed back out the vibration came back. So, I took the shaft down and greased the splines and all is good. I'm quessing if the transfer case needs more fluid to keep the spines wet. Thanks BOWTIEFREAK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travisryan78