4wd prob, please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96Chevy

Reaction score
im having this problem with my 4wd dif. i push the 4wd button in the dash and you can something move at front dif which i think is the 4wd engaging right?? anyways i push the button and the 4wd button light keeps on blinking and it wont stop until you put it back in 2wd, and it does it to both 4wd hi and low. and the 4wd does not work. any idea what this is??

OP
OP
96Chevy

96Chevy

Reaction score
i looked and the T-Case works and i have changed the Actuator.
and it still dont work.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
do you have the auto 4wd t case or just 2hi, 4hi and 4lo t case? ill look into it for you brah!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Also, make sure you have equal air pressure in all 4 tires and that your tires are not badly worn or any size difference between the tires exists

OP
OP
96Chevy

96Chevy

Reaction score
thanks man but i took it to GM and they found the problem. the problem was that i took my truck to my local mechanic so they could change the oil pan seal because it was leaking oil obviously, and to change the oil pan seal you have to take out the front differencial because its in the way. so they changed the seal and when they gave it back to me the 4WD didnt work and so i took it to them and they didnt assemble the front Diff right, they forgot to take out this ring/washer and it came out of place and they put it back together with that washer out of place and it was in the way of the acctuator so it could lock in the diff. and so they fixed it and now im taking the bill to my local mechanic.
thanks anyways man i appreciate your help.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how much did they charge you to fix it? Im glad its fixed!!!! Take care and sorry I couldnt help!

OP
OP
96Chevy

96Chevy

Reaction score
ummm well since i took it the GM dealer to get it fixed for much more than just the 4WD prob, all caused by my local mechanic by the way. the total is $1700. and im taking that bill to him.

305Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no tyring to HIJACK the thread.. but mines blinks in 4/low until i press 4/hi?????

Last edited:

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Does it go into 4LO, or does it just keep blinking and stay in 4HI? It might be a problem with the motor/actuator not being able to perform the shift. Try shifting it in 4LO while doing 2-3 MPH with the transmission in NEUTRAL, that way the gears are turning and they can mesh easier. If it still wont go in, then you will have a mechanical problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts