3rd row Air Bag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you please share how to check it? in my Tahoe I see 'Airbag' written on the center pillar but nothing beyond towards 3rd seat.
Neither the C or D pillars say anything on mine either, but the airbags are there. To physically check the edge of the headliner needs to drop slightly. You can do only one side for this exercise. The air bags are RIGHT THERE, so not a lot of movement needed to see with a mirror or camera.

To get access, the rear trim just pops off. It's held on the edge by the weather strip. The coat hook has to come off too.

IMG_3059.jpeg

The D pillar cover has one screw under a cover.

IMG_3061.jpeg

The C pillar cover may need to come off too, if a little more wiggle room is needed.

IMG_3062.jpeg

It's right there nestled against the coat hook hard point.

IMG_3472.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ramchol76

Reaction score
Neither the C or D pillars say anything on mine either, but the airbags are there. To physically check the edge of the headliner needs to drop slightly. You can do only one side for this exercise. The air bags are RIGHT THERE, so not a lot of movement needed to see with a mirror or camera.

To get access, the rear trim just pops off. It's held on the edge by the weather strip. The coat hook has to come off too.

View attachment 426178

The D pillar cover has one screw under a cover.

View attachment 426179

The C pillar cover may need to come off too, if a little more wiggle room is needed.

View attachment 426180

It's right there nestled against the coat hoot hard point.

View attachment 426181
Super Thanks for taking the effort and providing this response, helps me with ensuring safety!!!! Big Thankyou and respect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck