3rd brake light not working. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aasim Malik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello

I have a 2007 Yukon my third brake light not working. Tail brake lights work. Checked all fuses. Cruise control works. I even replace the 3rd brake light still nothing. Any help ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello

I have a 2007 Yukon my third brake light not working. Tail brake lights work. Checked all fuses. Cruise control works. I even replace the 3rd brake light still nothing. Any help ?
did you check all 3 brake fuses? yes there is 3 of them, also you can test the 2 pin harness connector at the light as well with a standard electrical meter, or apply a 9v battery to the 3rd brake light connector pins to see if it lights up, I would speculate it is more likely the light died than a fuse blew though.

OP
OP
A

Aasim Malik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will check that see if the pins are getting power. I doubt the light is bad I just bought it it’s brand new I thought maybe the old one went bad but it’s the same issue with this one.
Any possibility that the wiring is bad?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will check that see if the pins are getting power. I doubt the light is bad I just bought it it’s brand new I thought maybe the old one went bad but it’s the same issue with this one.
Any possibility that the wiring is bad?
if it is led try turning the connector the other way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645