33" spare tire fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Well that was a fail. I couldn’t wait until Saturday.

The tire diameter didn’t touch the cut hitch and it barely touched the brake line on panhard bar. But the thickness of tire was having problems going much higher into the truck. It was hanging kind of low and I didn’t trust it against brake line and trailer PIN wiring.

I put it back inside truck.
Not sure why yours doesnt fit-isnt the line wire tied to the panhard in the pic one of your ebrake cables if it is move it in back of the bar.You look like you have way more room than i did my tire was touching the the back of hitch receiver.Was a little snog but goes up all the way look at it again.Something else must be blocking it.What year is your tahoe doesnt look the same for some reason.

OP
OP
Carolina Brown
Reaction score
Not sure why yours doesnt fit-isnt the line wire tied to the panhard in the pic one of your ebrake cables if it is move it in back of the bar.You look like you have way more room than i did my tire was touching the the back of hitch receiver.Was a little snog but goes up all the way look at it again.Something else must be blocking it.What year is your tahoe doesnt look the same for some reason.
Mine is a 2004.

That’s true, I could relocate the brake cable to front of panhard but the tire still hangs too low for the trail. At least I know I have an option if I just have to have the third row seats back in truck

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Mine is a 2004.

That’s true, I could relocate the brake cable to front of panhard but the tire still hangs too low for the trail. At least I know I have an option if I just have to have the third row seats back in truck
Ok so it hangs lower than you like on trail riding got it-mine is an 04 also so was wondering how yours wouldnt fit.Looks like you have a ton of room from tire to back of hitch that was trimmed my tire almost touches it maybe a credit card would fit.Yours looked like it has 2 inches.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that was a fail. I couldn’t wait until Saturday.

The tire diameter didn’t touch the cut hitch and it barely touched the brake line on panhard bar. But the thickness of tire was having problems going much higher into the truck. It was hanging kind of low and I didn’t trust it against brake line and trailer PIN wiring.

I put it back inside truck.

What size tire is that?

OP
OP
Carolina Brown
Reaction score
It's a super weird size because I was too cheap to buy another rim. I wanted to reuse the rim that came with the OEM spare tire. So the tire I bought to go on the spare OEM wheel is a 295/75R16. It's close to same height as my 33" Yokohamas but in hindsight I should have just bought another Yoko. Because tire is so rare it was expensive. I was hoping for a narrow tire, like a trailer tire but no 33" trailer tires out there that I could find. A narrow tire I hoped would have tucked under the truck better. Oh well. At least I have a full size spare that isn't 20 years old.

Sorry for such late response:(

Wrecker_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello new here. I'm currently running 285/70R17 BFGs on steel wheel, but will upgrade in the near future. I was wondering what your thoughts are on a swing arm? I was looking at a replacement bumper with swing arm, but I just can justify the cost. I then started looking at hitch mounted systems like those from Wilco or RIGd. They are also expensive, but at least they can be moved to another vehicle. To start I thing I am going to go with something like the "FIXA TOOLS Hitch tire Carrier Foldable" on Amazon as a temp solution for around $100. https://a.co/d/jkDdErU

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ultimately, the less expensive solutions rattle, at least from all the research I have done. Also, some of them do not make it any easier for loading/unloading heavy tires.