2nd row seat headrest adjustability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Hi guys....need a bit of help with my 2021 Yukon Denali.

My second row seat headrests won’t go up. The swing down at a push of the button on the side of the headrest, but like conventional headrests, I’m not able to adjust the height of the headrest.
Any idea how that can be achieved?

RugbyRef

Reaction score
I could swear that I read in the owners manual they’re not adjustable. Mine won’t raise up either.

Correct! After reading the OP's post, I went out to the garage and tried to raise them. The only function they seem to do is to fold up or down. I looked for the pushbutton at the base you would normally see for headrests and could not find one.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Well I discovered the “issue” because I bought a bracket to install a tablet for my son who still sits in a rearward facing car seat and was all jolly when it arrived. I marched straight to my truck and was gutted when I learnt that I couldn’t attach the part to the seat because the headrest won’t go up. All I need is an inch rise but can’t have it

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it was in our '11 or '15, there is a pin hole to release the headrest just underneath the fabric. So you have to push down hard to see the pinhole and then use something like a paperclip to release it. It was such a PITA when putting and taking out the car seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401