2nd Row Bench Seats Falls Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogart

Reaction score
I have a new 2013 Tahoe with the 2nd row bench seats. Right after I bought the Tahoe I had the Katzkin leather put on by a local upholstery shop. For the last 6 months when I drive around I hear a rattle sound (sounds like metal hitting metal). Then after a couple weeks of driving around the large seat behind the driver will just fall down. You can push it up and lock it into place but somehow it works itself lose (rattle sound) over the course of a week or two of driving and falls down. I took it back to the upholstery place that installed the Katzkin and we test drove it several times and could hear the rattle. When the seat was lowered down it did not rattle. They ended up replacing the leather on the upper part of the seat (backrest part) and it stopped for a couple days. Now the problem is back again and annoying the crap out of me. I took it to the dealership and they would not touch it because they said the Katzkin voided the warranty. I won't take it back to the upholstery place because it is 45 minutes away and they don't know what else to do. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it? Somehow the locking mechanism on the seat is working itself lose as i drive and hit bumps.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GKasey