285/70R17 - can you run a Load Range C tire with Load Range E's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonMike66

Reaction score
I have 285/70R17 BGF K02's on my 2002 Yukon XL...they are load range E...i noticed a nail in my tire and its too close to the sidewall to be repaired and a new tire in load range E is $315.00 + tax, mounting, etc... (cant afford that right now) ...Well, i found the exact tire in a load range C, brand new, never used for $50 from a friend. I just dont know if you can mix load ranges? Can i run 3 tires with load range E and one with load range C? Thanks guys.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mix tires like that. You will jack up your ride. Look for the exact tire you have, and buy two if you can afford them. You can generally find used tires on Facebook Marketplace, sometimes from actual tire sellers.

Anyway, set one aside for a spare, and put the two matching tires on the same end.

OP
OP
YukonMike66

YukonMike66

Reaction score
I wouldn't mix tires like that. You will jack up your ride. Look for the exact tire you have, and buy two if you can afford them. You can generally find used tires on Facebook Marketplace, sometimes from actual tire sellers.

Anyway, set one aside for a spare, and put the two matching tires on the same end.
I thought about buying a used one, but all the tires on here are brand new, less than 800 miles on them...thats why it really sucked to have an unrepairable $300 tire with 794 miles on it.. Thats also why i was wanting to buy the new one that he had. I will just save up and buy a new one in the right load range. Thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your biggest issue is going to be the tread depth difference, a 4x4 or even the G80 system does not take kindly to tires more than an 1/8" difference in tread depth.

Put the $50 tire up front and replace it when you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo