2500 Suburban, circa 1996, San Antonio, TX.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TARFU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Prior to retirement, I spent 32 years in law enforcement, 25 of it as a special agent (investigator) with a government law enforcement agency. In 1996, a partner and I received information regarding a new armored 2500 Suburban that was being driven from San Antonio to an undisclosed location in Mexico. The purchaser of the 'Burb was a well known drug trafficker who was portrayed in the Netflix series, Narcos: Mexico. It was armored to stop 7.62 mm rounds, had gun ports, a smoke generator device and probably other stuff I've forgotten. We ended up seizing it prior to it's leaving the U.S., and it was subsequently put into service with a federal agency. I'm the smaller of the two guys in the picture.

Sub seizure.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, since retirement, do you now own it or is it still a vehicle in the government fleet? Wish I had one with gun ports, some days here in Eugene, Or.

OP
OP
TARFU

TARFU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never saw it again after it was turned over to the US Marshals in San Antonio. Was later told it was being used for "dignitary" transport in the D.C. area. I'm sure it was either auctioned off or disposed of a long time ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt