24's or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cookie06tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinkin of putting 24's on a 2006 tahoe are there any mods that have to be done to the fender well's? and also i was thinking of doing a 3/5 drop what do ya think?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Nope your good, many have done it on here.
You do need the DJM free travel mod, look around and you will be able to answer all your question with the old threads on here!

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine has 305/35/24 and they bolted straight up with no cut no rub. also depends on the offset of the rim or how wide the tire but with a 10" wide wheel and tire youll be fine. Check the sig pic.

KONvict

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good to know!! I'm also thinkin 24's on my Yukon XL but thought I needed to have bigger rotors and calipers for that.
bds_best-smilies.com_respect057.gif

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know!! I'm also thinkin 24's on my Yukon XL but thought I needed to have bigger rotors and calipers for that.
bds_best-smilies.com_respect057.gif

A brake upgrade would definitely help with larger rims. The more weight you have spinning, the more effort it's going to take to stop. Think of it like this: spin a wheel on a mountain bike and stop it by hand. Then spin the wheel on a kid's bicycle and stop it. It's a lot easier to stop the smaller, lighter wheel than it is the larger heavier one. Same holds true on a vehicle or anything else. You can't change the laws of physics...
IIRC, I went about a couple weeks running stock brakes on 24s. I swapped over to a larger brake kit and it made a world of difference in pedal effort and stopping distance.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinkin of putting 24's on a 2006 tahoe are there any mods that have to be done to the fender well's? and also i was thinking of doing a 3/5 drop what do ya think?

First let me say welcome to the forum!
24's are no problem as you already heard from everyone else, the only problem I had was the innner fender plastic rubbing on the inside of the front tires when you turn the wheel.
I cut a small hole in mine and ran a zip tie thru and pulled it back out of the way, but I know there's a few people that have used a heat gun to bend the shape to stop the rubbing.

BTW this is the "free travel mod" http://djmsuspension.com/Articles%20new/FreeTravel.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700