22 vs 23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medicmegs08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In April of 2021 I purchased a 22 XL denali duramax from a large midwest dealer 3 hours from my house. Long story short, on the way home, an hour and a half or so from the dealer I lost all power, it went into limp mode, and dumped all the antifreeze on the car behind me on I-70. They towed it back, told me it blew a hose off because they forgot to pull a roll pin at the factory and it was fine. The truck sent me emails telling me I had 0% oil life. They didn't even check the oil and wanted to just send it back to me. Needless to say, I didn't feel safe in it after being stuck on the side of I-70 with my husband and 4 month old son at the time and cancelled the deal. I got my Durango back and went on the hunt for another one.
8 months later in in December I ordered a 22 yukon XL denali diesel from a local dealer. The order was accepted for build a few months later. In April when I asked for a copy of the build sheet, it showed I was a code 1100 and priority 9 at 123 days since ordering it. That was 4/19. I keep getting told there is zero movement on it. They say I am #5 but no one can tell me if that is #5 for them, Indiana, the nation, etc. I requested info from GMC today but they are closed and the chat said they would get back to me in the next 1-2 days.
Does anyone know if they will cancel it because it is a 22 or convert it to a 23? I see on the GMC site (I stalk the inventory on the daily) that there is only 1 22 within 250 miles and 8 within 500 miles with the diesel, but there are 16 23's within 250 miles and 49 within 500.... every one that has been the specs I want (at least a diesel, denali, and not black [we live on a gravel road]) is sold or 5-10k over sticker for "market adjustment".

Any insight is appreciated!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait i would just cancel the order the car market is a collision course with a brick wall.. you will be able to get one much cheaper soon... I work near a car dealership.. and have seen way less cars coming in for gas(cars that were sold..) the car market is at a standstill and on the brink of collapse...

carmax stock pretty much collapsed all ready it's down 59% from it's high..
Carvana Co stock completely collapsed, Down 95% from it's high.

this is a good indication of the actual market conditions

at my local carmax they go so much inventory they're overflowing with vehicles.... even the new car lots are overflowing with inventory...

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in FL they are still sticker or over and we just scrapped out potentially 100k vehicles here…so that world won’t exist here for a long time.
My neighbor lost a brand new LX 300 Lexus SUV with 800 miles on it and bought an InfinitI QX 60 today. The very last available vehicle they had in the worst FL color…Black….and he hates Infiniti….

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they will cancel it because it is a 22 or convert it to a 23?
If your order was for a 2022 model year, it will never go anywhere. They are processing orders for 2023's now and orders do not automatically convert to a 2023. The dealer has to resubmit it and a new order number is generated. A reputable dealer would tell you that.

I would say go to another dealer and order a 2023. Things seem to be loosening up a little but that Duramax is still heavily constrained. You may still wait a long time. Or as the post suggests above, you can try your luck at finding one in existing inventory. Market adjustments may be coming down a little but that is very regional and honestly not something I follow because I need a custom build.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u really need one you’ll have to try for a gas instead of diesel. Those are very hard to get and heavily constrained.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To your orig question. They are not building 22’s anymore. Your dealer has to convert and resubmit the order to a 23. So if you are at #5, my guess it’s it is at your dealer’s sales office, not GM. I’d call the sales manager, ask if your order has been submitted. If the answer to that is yes, ask for the order number, and it’s status code. If you are indeed number 5 on his list, I’d stay put there and also consider placing another order with another dealer. Just make sure you don’t have to put $$ deposit down, and can back out…then see what shows up first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9