2024 Tahoe EV RST look.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I am an old fart and probably in the minority but I think all the 2021 and up trucks are ugly, plus they got rid of the solid rear axle and went to IRS which although it may ride better, which is a matter of opinion, it is NOT a truck.

I find that almost all new vehicles look alike, there is no style anymore, even the trucks look like a car designer designed them.
I guess I am an old fart too at 30.

The GMT900 is probably the last true truck SUV, as it was the last generation to be mostly problem free especially in the later years.

A battery powered SUV is simply a bad idea, Ford mentioned that the F150 lightning shouldn't have looked like an F150 as it kills the efficiency of the battery and the Hoe/Kon is probably no different.

Unless they are targeting the soccer mom crowd this just doesn't make sense. The mission of these trucks is to haul people and things across vast distances, and while being able to tow reasonable weights between 5-10k. Can't wait for the reviews when they put 1,000lbs in the cabin and put 2,500lbs behind simulating snowmobiles or a larger bass boat.

The new '21+ models weren't on my radar last year when I was in the market. If I didn't find my 2013 2500 I would have jumped ship and grabbed an Expedition timberline. If I was going to get into the IRS, Ford has been doing it longer and the V6 issues have been worked out.

Last edited:

stevoburito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Silvaerado EV looks bad in the front and so does this one. I think the vehicle as a whole looks good though.

What you'll find in the SUV/Truck EVs is that they find any possible way to save weight on the body. I would expect much more plastic all around, almost like the OG avalanche (which was a truck way ahead of its time).

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be more reliable than the current AFM & transmission destroying slip-clutch converter setup in the gas models though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo