2023 At4 Yukon coming from 2020 ford explorerr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two 6.2L right now (Yukon & Suburban). My 2020 Suburban that I recently traded in had the 5.3L and it was great. Other than a bit more rumble sound I havent noticed much difference. I don't have a lead foot though.

sandyjk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just sold my 2017 Explorer Sport to my son and I bought a 2015 Yukon Denali because I wanted to see if I really liked the size, etc. before I ordered a 2024 Tahoe when they are available for ordering this fall. After only two weeks of driving the Yukon, I was asked to drive the Explorer on an errand and the acceleration was crazy! Seems like there has always been a huge difference in how hard you press on the gas pedal with Ford vs. Chevy, and so I get that the Yukon would feel sluggish compared to an Explorer, but I think it's really just the feel of the gas pedal. I had to be super careful with the Explorer to drive with a light foot on the gas!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 2017 Explorer Sport to my son and I bought a 2015 Yukon Denali because I wanted to see if I really liked the size, etc. before I ordered a 2024 Tahoe when they are available for ordering this fall. After only two weeks of driving the Yukon, I was asked to drive the Explorer on an errand and the acceleration was crazy! Seems like there has always been a huge difference in how hard you press on the gas pedal with Ford vs. Chevy, and so I get that the Yukon would feel sluggish compared to an Explorer, but I think it's really just the feel of the gas pedal. I had to be super careful with the Explorer to drive with a light foot on the gas!
The whole conversation to me is funny given that everyone is comparing apples to oranges here as they say. Comparing a naturally aspirated V8 engine in a full size truck based SUV that weighs in probably north of 5,000lbs at least, to a much smaller, lighter, twin turbo V6 non half ton truck based crossover SUV just isn’t realistic. Of course a 6.2 equipped Yukon or Tahoe is not going to seem as fast an explorer ST because it just isn’t. It’s bigger, heavier, and not twin turboed. It’s not by any means slow but it’s not going to drive like an explorer.