2022 Tahoe Z71 Order question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_L_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, last year my wife and I decided to upgrade our old 2000 Tahoe Z71, since has been such a great vehicle. I joined these forums to see what issues that people were having with their Tahoe orders. That was last summer. Lurked and watched for a bit and finally figured we should get in line if we wanted one. Ordered a 2022 Tahoe Z71 on January 6. Was told up front that we should be prepared to wait a few months and both my wife and I were fine with that. Winter became Spring, which turned to Summer. Now we are approaching Fall and rapidly approacing our 10th month of waiting.

We call the dealership monthly and get emails from Chevrolet weekly. The emails went from, (paraphrasing) "it's being built" to "it's built, but waiting missing electronics" to "pending shipping". That was four weeks ago. Dealership tells us that they know nothing more than what we're seeing in our weekly emails, but assure us to remain patient and it will eventually be here. So now, our 2022 Tahoe Z71 is sitting in Texas, waiting on shipping. Meanwhile, I'm seeing dealerships selling 2023 Tahoe Z71s! :mad: We would jump to another dealership, but they have told us they are not, and will not, charge us anything over MSRP, while other dealerships are asking MSRP+. Thankfully we aren't in a bind for a vehicle and can afford to wait it out for the savings.

So, my questions to the group are: 1) are we the ONLY people still waiting on a 2022 Z71? And 2) how can Chevrolet be shipping 2023 Z71s if they still have 2022s that haven't been delivered?

I am a fairly patient man and a lifelong supporter of my bowties, but this is really starting to wear on both my loyalty and patience.

Thanks.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I been waiting over a year now for a Denali ultimate. Ordered sept 7th n crickets from GM

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) definitely not alone

2) GM made the business decision to proceed with production in the spring when they were missing chips/parts to complete the vehicles to a point where they couldn't be sold once they rolled off the assembly line (missing chips they weren't already planning to retrofit later)...so now they have thousands of vehicles that were built and parked with the intention to install the missing chips at a later date - which is a completely separate process from the standard production line....all of that you probably already know...simply put, although there may be a level of urgency on getting the 22s "completed"...GM doesn't seem to want to impact the production of the 23s being built and shipped

I'm willing to bet that the dealership you're working with is/has already started receiving and selling 23s. I'd have an honest discussion about either ordering a 23 or buying one of their stock 2023 orders they have coming in...granted the 22 may come in tomorrow...

And unsure about your area, but market adjustment dealers aren't as prevalent as they've been...meaning there should be several dealers within an hour drive or so that aren't over sticker as long as you aren't in some huge metro and even then it's possible to find a "deal"

the pessimist in me thinks that the dealer wants you to stay attached to the 22 as they know that's a guaranteed sale at MSRP and they can keep selling the 23s to other buyers

Craigy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Find a dealer that has what you want and negotiate an MSRP deal.

No way I would buy a 2022 that comes with missing parts when you can get a 2023.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't building anymore 22's so they only ones they have are waiting for chips for for shipping. 2023 MY started building at Arlington in the end of July, I would say it's time to find another dealer or dealer's and inquire about incoming inventory or ordering a 23MY vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne