2022 Tahoe PPV built from the ground up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy on Youtube got a 2022 Tahoe PPV from auction. Evidently it had frame damage so he goes through the process of transferring everything to a new frame and installing the body on that new frame. It was fun to watch the process and to see how everything goes together. He's able to do the whole job in his driveway with basic tools and a tractor. Here's one of the videos - you can find the rest of the videos on his page if you search "Tahoe" - I think there's 5 in total.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty cool! I'll have to check out the other videos, but from what I see, I don't see a damaged frame or body. Must have been some final build check that condemned it?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I would figure out how to fix the frame before doing all that. But Toyota was replacing frames on thousands of Tacomas so it can be done reasonably.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What frame damage? Replace the bumper and keep going.

Unles somebody along the line was setting up a sweetheart deal for a pal, and this guy got it instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC