2022 Tahoe High Country - Lift vs Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMK2022

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently bought a 22' High Country Tahoe - trying to decide between a 1.5" leveling kit or the 3" lift kit from Ready Lift. Does anyone have pictures of either or have any opinions. I would like to stay around a 33" or a 285/50/22 - probably won't change my wheels just yet. Eventually want to black it out but going to start with the lift then do wheels next. My old truck was lifted but getting a car seat in and out became a pain so I'm worried the lift will make it to high.
Also does anyone know if a leveling kit on a z71 would sit higher than a level on a high country? All the internet pictures are levels and lifts on z71s and at4s.
Any input would be appreciated!
Thank You!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 13

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy has a2/1 level and 285/50/22’s…

Maximus05Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently bought a 22' High Country Tahoe - trying to decide between a 1.5" leveling kit or the 3" lift kit from Ready Lift. Does anyone have pictures of either or have any opinions. I would like to stay around a 33" or a 285/50/22 - probably won't change my wheels just yet. Eventually want to black it out but going to start with the lift then do wheels next. My old truck was lifted but getting a car seat in and out became a pain so I'm worried the lift will make it to high.
Also does anyone know if a leveling kit on a z71 would sit higher than a level on a high country? All the internet pictures are levels and lifts on z71s and at4s.
Any input would be appreciated!
Thank You!
Congrats on your purchase! My opinion is go with a kit. It is the only way to keep factory geometry. Again, my opinion, leval kits are ******** and you will end up buying a lift kit to correct what the level kit ****** up. Save your time,agrevasion and money.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! My opinion is go with a kit. It is the only way to keep factory geometry. Again, my opinion, leval kits are ******** and you will end up buying a lift kit to correct what the level kit ****** up. Save your time,agrevasion and money.
This makes no sense to me whatsoever. There’s a bazillion people driving around with level kits with no problems. I drove a 2011 suburban with a 2.5” level for nearly ten years with a grand total of ZERO repairs caused from the level kit. I expect a similar experience from our ‘21 with the RC 2/1 kit on it

Elfer1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘23 High Country with what I believe is a leveling kit (just bought it from a dealership with 2k miles and they didn’t have any specific details on what was installed as it wasn’t a Chevy dealer).
215386B0-70C9-449D-9F42-60682D84BD3A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14