2022 Rear Seat Entertainment audio sync issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeveeBreaks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Tahoe with the RSE system. Like most, I’m disappointed it doesn’t have the features of the 2021 I’ve seen online. However, by far worse, is no matter what source I use with HDMI (iPhone, Fire TV) the audio lags the video. This is regardless of whether the sound is coming thru the speakers or Bluetooth headphones. The same sources have no lag when plugged into my TV. Somewhere in the RSE system, the stream is likely being overprocessed to the point of creating sync issues.

Has anyone else experienced this with their 2022 setup?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't say about the RSE but I was watching a youtube video in our '21 yukon yesterday and the audio was playing from the vehicles speakers and it was quite out of sync with the video

Edlee321

Reaction score
if you are using a firestick or chromecast, you can adjust the audio sync to match the video output in the audio settings.

But yes, RSE on the 2022 models is the worst i have ever seen in having RSE for last 10 years.

I would never have ordered this, let alone get this car if i knew it was this bad, i have the 2017 Yukon and RSE used to be great, this is a disaster on 2022.

OP
OP
LeveeBreaks

LeveeBreaks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I’ll give that a shot on the Fire TV. Yes, I’m hoping that enough complaining will warrant a major software update in the near future, assuming the hardware is capable.

Rsnellie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had similar delays, but may not be the same problem since you say it happens with fire stick (not familiar) too. When playing video through the hdmi on my iPhone the audio was actually being picked up through Bluetooth (CarPlay) and not the hdmi. I have to choose radio or another source then go into the rear media screen and respect select audio source to play in car speakers. This made the audio and video use the same processing. This fixes my delay every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157