2022 Delivery Hold Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been reading comments on this website for a few weeks now and it has been super helpful. I just officially joined today. I purchased an “in transit” 2022 Yukon Denali on 12/23/21. Before purchasing it, the dealership was showing an ETA of 1/1/22, which changed to 12/29/21 the day I went to the dealership to purchase. After those dates passed, I was given an ETA of 1/12/22 by GMC chat. Yesterday, I spoke with the dealership and they were also expecting delivery that day, 1/12/22 and showed my vehicle had been in Dacula, GA since at least 1/11/22. The 12th came and went, no vehicle. The dealership contacted me again today and informed me that the vehicle is still showing that it is in Dacula, but the ETA to dealership has been changed to 1/22/22. Ugh. Anyone have any idea what the hold up is at the rail yard or have any experience of their own that they would be willing to share?

GoHeels

Reaction score
Ours got stuck at the rail yard for a couple days. The dealership told me they called and requested a "hot rush" on it which I was told informs the shipper that the vehicle is sold and customer is waiting on it. It was delivered to the dealership the next day.

CoryS

Reaction score
My 2022 Yukon that I picked up from the dealership yesterday sat at the destination railyard for over three weeks before it was picked up by a car carrier and delivered 90 miles to the dealership.

missile_pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been reading comments on this website for a few weeks now and it has been super helpful. I just officially joined today. I purchased an “in transit” 2022 Yukon Denali on 12/23/21. Before purchasing it, the dealership was showing an ETA of 1/1/22, which changed to 12/29/21 the day I went to the dealership to purchase. After those dates passed, I was given an ETA of 1/12/22 by GMC chat. Yesterday, I spoke with the dealership and they were also expecting delivery that day, 1/12/22 and showed my vehicle had been in Dacula, GA since at least 1/11/22. The 12th came and went, no vehicle. The dealership contacted me again today and informed me that the vehicle is still showing that it is in Dacula, but the ETA to dealership has been changed to 1/22/22. Ugh. Anyone have any idea what the hold up is at the rail yard or have any experience of their own that they would be willing to share?
My story is almost a mirror of yours.
12/21 deposit to secure "In Transit" with scheduled delivery of 1/13
1/6 changed to 1/11
1/10 changed to 1/19 and sitting in Dacula with yours....

OP
OP
N

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My story is almost a mirror of yours.
12/21 deposit to secure "In Transit" with scheduled delivery of 1/13
1/6 changed to 1/11
1/10 changed to 1/19 and sitting in Dacula with yours....
Crazy! My husband tried to see if he could go get it, but was told GM does not allow that anymore. What dealership did you purchase from? I purchased mine, so pretty soon we will be paying for a car that we aren’t even able to drive if delivery gets pushed back much more.

missile_pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it seems others have been told the dealer can totally go get it if it's sitting at the rail yard. Thankfully we're only a deposit into it and not making payments. We bought from Hutchinson GMC which isn't that far of a drive from where the yukon is being held hostage.

g-cia35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the wife and i ran into the same issue! I reserved an incoming 21 Tahoe and was told it would be here Dec 2 2021, never showed. Then was promised end of year before 2022 hit. Then they called me Dec 26 saying it was sitting at the Atlanta rail yard and had no clue what the hold up was. Long story short, I finally took delivery of my Tahoe Jan 5, 2022. The wife is loving her new ride!!

OP
OP
N

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it seems others have been told the dealer can totally go get it if it's sitting at the rail yard. Thankfully we're only a deposit into it and not making payments. We bought from Hutchinson GMC which isn't that far of a drive from where the yukon is being held hostage.
Hopefully, you get yours soon. Maybe they’ll be sent out on the same truck. We are in South Ga, so it’s a good 4 hours from us.

OP
OP
N

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the wife and i ran into the same issue! I reserved an incoming 21 Tahoe and was told it would be here Dec 2 2021, never showed. Then was promised end of year before 2022 hit. Then they called me Dec 26 saying it was sitting at the Atlanta rail yard and had no clue what the hold up was. Long story short, I finally took delivery of my Tahoe Jan 5, 2022. The wife is loving her new ride!!
I’m so glad you were able to get your vehicle! Makes me hopefully mine will be here before the end of the month.

OP
OP
N

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2022 Yukon that I picked up from the dealership yesterday sat at the destination railyard for over three weeks before it was picked up by a car carrier and delivered 90 miles to the dealership.
Yikes! I hope mine doesn’t have to sit at the rail yard for 3 weeks. I guess it will have been there for 2 weeks, if we actually get it by the new delivery date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts