2021 Yukon SLT or 2021 Tahoe Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to decide between a 2021 Yukon SLT with Premium package. 2wd Sunroof, 22” rims, illumination package. Or a 2021 Tahoe Premier 4wd also with sunroof, 20” wheels. I’m in Florida- don’t necessarily need 4x4 and we also own an F250 but it might be nice to have for trips to the mountains we take maybe once a year.

The Premier seems to have the magnetic ride and the SLT does not. I would like a smooth ride because F250 has the Tremor package and is very stiff and I don’t love traveling in it unless we are towing the boat.

But I prefer the looks of the SLT. Would like a Denali but $$. These are priced within 2k of each other. Premier is actually under MSRP.

What do you think?

OP
OP
Duke71

Duke71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to decide between a 2021 Yukon SLT with Premium package. 2wd Sunroof, 22” rims, illumination package. Or a 2021 Tahoe Premier 4wd also with sunroof, 20” wheels. I’m in Florida- don’t necessarily need 4x4 and we also own an F250 but it might be nice to have for trips to the mountains we take maybe once a year.

The Premier seems to have the magnetic ride and the SLT does not. I would like a smooth ride because F250 has the Tremor package and is very stiff and I don’t love traveling in it unless we are towing the boat.

But I prefer the looks of the SLT. Would like a Denali but $$. These are priced within 2k of each other. Premier is actually under MSRP.

What do you think?
Also forgot to mention Premier has rear entertainment. Not high on my list but I do have a 2 year old.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the Premier edition base on the extras you will be getting and will also offer a higher resale value, I also like the looks of the Yukon better, tough decision. Remember looks are when you are not in the vehicle, options are what you will use and feel all the time while driving. You could also hold out and find a Yukon with all the options you want,

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Especially when I've seen these swaps of the grille with a Denali grill. That really makes them look sharp.. ! SLT is what I'd pick....Don't need the weight and fuel mileage penalty of 4wd. With the new suspension, the ride will be better anyways. Drive them both if you can...

gilboyj

Reaction score
I had the same debate, ended up going GMC. The Yukon’s looks are better suited for the truck I feel. Also, for 70k I disliked the lack of LED tail/brake lights on the Chevy, and I prefer the GMC gauge cluster. But, those options you’ve got on the Tahoe are nice. As to the ride quality, I have zero complaints on the SLT. The new suspension is much improved.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d go with the Tahoe if you ask me. Personally I think the Denali is the one I’d opt for over the Chevy, no feeling the SLTs but as STben put it I’m sure you can swap out the grill for a Denali. I also like minimal chrome so that would be a lot of black out needed to be done on an SLT.

On the note of swapping y’all remember back in the days when folks swapped out the front ends… say like you have a Silverado but swap out for an Escalade front end??? Wonder if that will happen with these from a Tahoe to a Denali overnight… lol. Tail lights too.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Colors? Everyone’s own personal opinion but I like the looks of Tahoe better than Yukon, and you can also ask the dealer if they can order you 22” rims and tires through parts and exchange the 20’s...if that’s something you care about.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnet ride is cool until the struts need to be replaced. The magnet struts on my Cadillac XTS were 700 each just for the part

Wileybird03

Reaction score
Magnet ride is cool until the struts need to be replaced. The magnet struts on my Cadillac XTS were 700 each just for the part
Yep I replaced them on my wife 2015 Burban n they wanted 900$ for just the back set from chevy. Bought cheap ones off Amazon for half that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt