2021 Yukon AT4 - Door Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
I’m having trouble with the passenger side doors not unlocking for outside entry when I unlock them. It started a couple of weeks ago with the rear passenger and moved to the front passenger. I can hit unlock with the fob or the door controls and I hear the locking mechanism engage, but the handles on the outside won’t open. Any thoughts or ideas on what might be causing this or the remedy? Thanks in advance.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say “moved to the front” you mean the rear began working and the front quit, or you mean now both front and rear don’t work?

If the former, thats wierd…if the latter; sounds like your lock actuators are failing

OP
OP
Goldenbear03

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
Good question…I should’ve been more clear. It started happening in the back seat and within a week both the front and back were doing it.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with failed lock actuators. If you have warranty it shouldn't be an issue to fix. Otherwise it's a fairly easy repair I believe, but you have to take apart the door panels

OP
OP
Goldenbear03

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
Bumping to see if anyone else has experienced this and determined a simpler fix. Over time, what's interesting is that the problem has become intermittent. One day, the rear passenger door will lock/unlock and the front passenger won't and then the next day it's reversed. Almost seems like it could be an issue with the relay. Is this possible?

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this exact same issue for my AT4 just a few weeks ago, and it came down to a setting in your infotainment system. The dealer reset mine when I was getting an oil change, so I didn't see exactly how they navigated through the screen to reset it, but my service advisor did confirm that it's done through the settings screen. They even took it up a notch and turned on a feature that not only reset the exterior buttons to unlock without using my key fob, but my doors also lock and mirrors fold just 15 seconds after I leave the vehicle without me pressing the key fob... Cool stuff.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping to see if anyone else has experienced this and determined a simpler fix. Over time, what's interesting is that the problem has become intermittent. One day, the rear passenger door will lock/unlock and the front passenger won't and then the next day it's reversed. Almost seems like it could be an issue with the relay. Is this possible?
With all the electronics in these trucks I would first try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and see if it cures itself. Often the electronics in newer vehicles seem to need to reset/reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia