2021 Tahoe PPV/SSV Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT512

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is built but may be November before it gets the chips and delivered! The times we are living in and dependent on other countries.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I was really excited to see these in the Real World and I don't think I've seen any LEO T1s yet on the roads, the chip shortage having a huge impact on this I'm sure. But I have to say the rear of these SUVs is an absolute travesty. The IRS makes the cabin look like it's got a body lift or something, plus the entire hatch just has too much going on. I loved the clean, simple hatches/doors on basically all GM trucks up until these T1 trucks. The Escalade looks the best, but still looks "jacked up" in the back and the entire rear end/IRS is visible from behind. I love GM but man they botched the T1s in the rear and many employees of GM agree 100%. I live less than 10 miles from the GM Tech Center and my brother works in exteriors in the Performance Studio (one of the leads on the new Hummer) so between him and car club friends I know a lot of GM employees. I can't recall a single person that likes ANY of the T1 platform based SUVs. It was a real bummer, the front looks pretty damn good, extra menacing headlight design, but the rear is just so damn unproportional and "blobby/bloated/busy" looking.

I loved my 2009 SSV and when I saw the K2 version I was floored and wanted one bad. I think the K2 PPV/SSV are the best all around looking Police vehicles ever. Very sleek, with clean and simple lines, but has that "mean" and "in motion" look especially with the black steelies+black center caps. I was actually bummed with the new 20" Steel Wheel design, I wish they could've kept the same design as the 17s and just scaled them up. I REALLY want to do a big brake upgrade and found a few options here but haven't committed to anything cause I think the parts weren't available or the price went up drastically. I really need some different shocks though, my ride is just a little to tight/rough.

Sorry about the rant....lol

LT512

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jim,

The biggest thing to me that is strange about the rear ends is the chrome across the lift gate in the rear. Looks very out of place on a police vehicle.

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part numbers for 2021 PPV

Front PPV Gas Shocks: # 85112860

Rear PPV Gas Shocks: # 85112863

20" x 9" PPV steel wheels # 23376235

Will these 20x9 steelies work on all year Tahoe’s? Once do my BBK I’ll need at least 20’s to clear the rotors and these would be great for winter time.

Shannon

adams260z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All, can someone help me out with the following information? I need to know the specs for the 16" front rotors. I know it's not the easiest request, in seeing you need to have the wheels off to get all the dimensions. I am looking to upgrade my '18 Yukon Xl to the brembo calipers and before I order the rotors there are (2) different ones listed per some of the GM parts websites: 84865905 & 84987498. Any feedback is appreciated, would need all the specs such as the diameter outer/inner, overall depth, etc.

MrRock

Reaction score
Will these 20x9 steelies work on all year Tahoe’s? Once do my BBK I’ll need at least 20’s to clear the rotors and these would be great for winter time.

Shannon
Did anyone ever get back to you on this?

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my PPV 2021 with the 6n5 and 6n6 codes (door delete and window switch delete) is there a fix to this? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts