2021 Tahoe Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool.
Its harbor freight. I got mine already put together for 3 bills on CL, but they are discounted often in store. Coated in hurculiner, and its good to go. I may have exceeded limit a few times [emoji2958]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Silverado HD and the wife ended up buying a blazer RS but we did test drive both the Tahoe and Yukon . Both while quick (in comparison to my 98 and 92 [emoji23]) felt like they were “hunting” for gears in City driving. The ride was a lot better than the blazer IMO but she wanted what she wanted.[emoji1745]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahem… 2012 has 1633 TSBs https://m.carcomplaints.com/GMC/Yukon/2012/

1708 if you mean the Tahoe.

Your link is for the Yukon but I'll assume it is comparable to the Tahoe. In March 2013, similar length of production, I counted six.

You don't really want to compare reliability with the 2012 as I see only one recall after all these years and it was for a binding ignition switch.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your link is for the Yukon but I'll assume it is comparable to the Tahoe. In March 2013, similar length of production, I counted six.

You don't really want to compare reliability with the 2012 as I see only one recall after all these years and it was for a binding ignition switch.
The 2 recalls I've had on my 21 Tahoe are safety related not reliability.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 recalls I've had on my Tahoe are safety related not reliability.

Would one of those be the leaking fuel tank? Not to split hairs but for a vehicle to be considered reliable safety is paramount.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would one of those be the leaking fuel tank? Not to split hairs but for a vehicle to be considered reliable safety is paramount.
I was never notified about that one, hoping it doesn't affect my VIN.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What recalls have you completed?
I'd have to look for specifics but one had to do with an airbag warning light that could come on, they replaced some module under the drivers seat. The other was something about reprogramming the brake controller. Neither caused me problems so I didn't bother researching much and had them completed when i was there for an accessory upgrade.