2021 Tahoe crank-no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Understood. What should I be saying then? When I press the ignition button it makes a clicking sound like it’s trying to start, but it won’t. It’s just makes the initial sound over and over again until I turn the ignition off. Is that better?

Also, I think once they attempt to start the vehicle they will understand the problem. There won’t be mixed messages.
Ok, just to be clear. When you make a statement like "when I press the ignition button it makes a 'clicking sound" like it is trying to start, but it won't". That statement tells me that you push a button or turn a key, makes no difference, and then the clicking sound tells me that the problem is like a starter problem or low voltage problem, like a low battery. That is telling me the engine is not spinning/turning over. That is a whole other set of concerns.

1. Turn key/push button and nothing happens, engine not spinning at all.
2. Turn key/push button and hear clicking and engine not spinning at all.
3. Turn key/push button and engine spins and will not fire off/start running.
4. Turn key/push button and engine spins and dies when let go of key/let off button.
5. Turn key/push button and engine starts and runs but runs rough/misfire/cel on/low on power/idles erratic......etc.

All of these are legitimate concerns and the statements leave nothing to doubt when trying to describe the problem.

alanrcone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you thank you thank you. I was just about to call a tow truck when I read the post about the floor mat holding the accelerator down. I just washed the truck including the floor mats and put them back in. As soon as I read this, I went out and checked sure enough the floor mat was holding the accelerator down, which caused the truck to not start. You guys just save me a ton of trouble and thank you.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you thank you thank you. I was just about to call a tow truck when I read the post about the floor mat holding the accelerator down. I just washed the truck including the floor mats and put them back in. As soon as I read this, I went out and checked sure enough the floor mat was holding the accelerator down, which caused the truck to not start. You guys just save me a ton of trouble and thank you.
Experience is a powerful teacher. I won’t do this again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia