2021 Infotainment frozen/onstar is red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has experienced this but it’s happened twice now and it seems is now starting to be an issue… Anyways, my infotainment system froze up the other day again.. and I noticed it was the same issue I would get the Chevy emblem, then lose my wifi/CarPlay and then blue tooth and finally no sound all usually at the same time or within minutes of each other. I can then see that the onstar button has a red light on and doesn’t function at all. The last time this happened was when I went through an automatic car wash and did the same thing this time with the same results. I’m hoping I’m not the only one or someone has some kind of guidance on this lol.. usually letting it sit overnight fixes but it’s really annoying to not have anything for a hot minute.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I can tell but then again I don’t know what to look for, what would be the best way to find out if it is leaking?
Wet Headliner.
Net, sounds like there is some sort of connection issue, may not be at the antenna, could be elsewhere...but if it seems to come and go w/ the car wash...would be looking for water intrusion into a connector somewhere. Probably need dealer intervention.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wet Headliner.
Net, sounds like there is some sort of connection issue, may not be at the antenna, could be elsewhere...but if it seems to come and go w/ the car wash...would be looking for water intrusion into a connector somewhere. Probably need dealer intervention.
Would also be a soaked carpet especially the insulation beneath the carpet. Would take some light disassembly of the sill plastic/kick panel to gain access.

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would also be a soaked carpet especially the insulation beneath the carpet. Would take some light disassembly of the sill plastic/kick panel to gain access.
I don’t think it’s the carpet though as I have vinyl flooring supposedly they did an update yesterday… so we will see…

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s the carpet though as I have vinyl flooring supposedly they did an update yesterday… so we will see…
There is probably insulation beneath but I could be wrong.