2021 GMC Yukon AT4 Air leveling suspension issues in low temperatures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLC05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon AT4 with 9k miles. I’ve loved this vehicle since getting it about 9mo ago.

In January, I went to drive in below zero temps (after warming up for about 30 min) & almost as soon as I left my driveway, I had major air ride suspension issues (with 2/3 of our kids in the car). SUV was shaking, excessively bouncing, swaying, difficult to control and ultimately- extremely unsafe. I was able to slowly creep back home. When I got out, the front end was pretty much on the ground.

Had it towed to dealership immediately & after about a week we were told they ‘fixed it’ (they left it inside the shop for a couple of nights) and I could pick it up. We had another cold front and when we went to pick it up, the front end was once again on the ground.

They brought it back in and told me they aren’t sure how long it will take to repair.

They also have no loaners.

This has been over 3 weeks.

Last week they reached out and said “GM is aware of the situation but they have no solutions. So you can pick it up, just make sure you warm it up before you drive it and if it happens again bring it back”.

Are you kidding me??! NO WAY. I’m not jeopardizing my family’s safety. I have so many issues with this “solution”.

I have since filed a case with GM & I am impatiently waiting to hear back. I have, however, been trying to contact someone for a rental at least. We cannot be without a second vehicle any longer . We are far too busy and I’ve tried to be understanding with staffing issues and supply issues, but my patience is gone & I need a vehicle. The amount we have spent on this, and the time it has taken, this should have been offered awhile ago.

Has anyone on this forum had anything like this happen? Any luck with progress or solutions? What are they offering you if they can’t fix it??

Very frustrated over here.

Thank you in advance for any advice or solutions!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a Google search with the exact words that you used for this forum thread. It should pull up any discussion related to this from truck forums, TSB's ect.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post this in the correct section and you may get more responses (this section is for the last model year).

Also, i have read many threads with several people having issues with the air suspension. You are certainly not the only one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20