2021 Escalade vs 2021 Yukon Denali. Warning!! Long read…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm sure the Escalade has a different tune from the factory. GM did that when they started putting the 6.2s in both the Escalade and Denali. It was the same engine, but the Escalade had a higher HP rating, just because it was an Escalade and they wanted buyers to feel that they were getting more for their money in the engine department.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the Escalade has a different tune from the factory. GM did that when they started putting the 6.2s in both the Escalade and Denali. It was the same engine, but the Escalade had a higher HP rating, just because it was an Escalade and they wanted buyers to feel that they were getting more for their money in the engine department.
The escalade 6.2 never got any additional power than the Denali or Tahoe 6.2. It was all in advertising. The tune for the Escalade was most likely different, but ALL L92, L9H, L94, L86... Etc, had the same power numbers.

DaAlphaSupreme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've owned both. I had a Sport Platinum & now a Denali. The Caddy It is a 30K difference between the two & it's not justified. I got the Caddy when they first dropped & had problems with it. Was without the vehicle for 23 days after owning it 4. Then once I got it back, had a leak through a rear light onto the second row of seats. Caddy was 116 & Denali was 85K. After the sunroof leak, I then had a problem with the infotainment system, they kept the truck for 2 days & overnight a part, meanwhile the Onstar module went out. Ive had fewer issues with my Denali, mostly recall stuff like the headrest check & that ECM bulletin. I had a wrapper in the door that caused a squeak. Would I have kept the Caddy if the problems weren't there, yes I would. The thing is it isn't a 30K difference in the top of both models. I got the Denali loaded & the Caddy too.

DaAlphaSupreme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Engines are the same, trust me. Suspension is too (air ride) & all

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Engines are the same, trust me. Suspension is too (air ride) & all
@DaAlphaSupreme I’m sorry but I have to disagree. I have driven both trucks on the same roads/surfaces and the difference is VERY noticeable. So while both are magnetic air ride, they definitely handle differently. The Caddy soaks the bumps far more graciously than the Denali. The Denali whilst having independent suspensions for the first time, unfortunately still to quite an extent rides like, perhaps SLIGHTLY better than my previous 2016 Sierra Denali.

DaAlphaSupreme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@DaAlphaSupreme I’m sorry but I have to disagree. I have driven both trucks on the same roads/surfaces and the difference is VERY noticeable. So while both are magnetic air ride, they definitely handle differently. The Caddy soaks the bumps far more graciously than the Denali. The Denali whilst having independent suspensions for the first time, unfortunately still to quite an extent rides like, perhaps SLIGHTLY better than my previous 2016 Sierra Denali.
I can respect that.

Reaction score
I know they are the same engines.

Whether it was a marketing ploy with the advertised specs or one actually had a different calibration than the other (detuned) when they were tested. It was done to make Escalade buyers a bit more happier thinking they were getting their money's worth, lol

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Whether it was a marketing ploy with the advertised specs or one actually had a different calibration than the other (detuned) when they were tested. It was done to make Escalade buyers a bit more happier thinking they were getting their money's worth, lol

No dude, it's not even like that. Some of those old advertisements we're VERY misleading. If you look at articles from back then..... For example..... The L92 Escalade make 403 HP at 5700 RPM, BUT the L92 in a Denali had 395 HP at 5000 RPM. See what they did there?!

These aren't exact numbers, but GM in order to have the top of the line Escalade APPEAR to be better, advertised different HP ratings for different RPM ranges.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned both. I had a Sport Platinum & now a Denali. The Caddy It is a 30K difference between the two & it's not justified. I got the Caddy when they first dropped & had problems with it. Was without the vehicle for 23 days after owning it 4. Then once I got it back, had a leak through a rear light onto the second row of seats. Caddy was 116 & Denali was 85K. After the sunroof leak, I then had a problem with the infotainment system, they kept the truck for 2 days & overnight a part, meanwhile the Onstar module went out. Ive had fewer issues with my Denali, mostly recall stuff like the headrest check & that ECM bulletin. I had a wrapper in the door that caused a squeak. Would I have kept the Caddy if the problems weren't there, yes I would. The thing is it isn't a 30K difference in the top of both models. I got the Denali loaded & the Caddy too.
Yep..it’s sharp and I love that dashboard, but not 30k worth. I for one think the Denali rides great and I’m loving 25-30 mpg….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts