2019 denali A10 service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting close to the 38k mile mark and I want to get the trans serviced before our road trip. I haven't found much info on DIY, which sucks. I really had planned on doing it around 25k, but time and miles go by faster than you realize.

Have any of you had the dealer service the transmission? Did they give any flack about dropping the pan and doing the filter instead of a "flush"? What was your cost?

I will do the transfer case. front and rear differential at home.

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it different than a traditional auto? I'd figure drop the pan change the filter and a lube locker gasket.
Theres no dipstick on these and the procedure seems pretty intense to get the level correct. They also take a special mobil 1 fluid IIRC

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh boy that sounds expensive already
We shall see. Steph made an appointment at the dealer. for net Monday I think. They said $170 but I'm skeptical they are dropping the pan and changing the filter for that

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a flush price or possibly just check the fluid
$640 is the magic number to get the filter and fluid changed.:(

They did do a fluid exchange so it was a complete fluid change. Steph just told them to do whatever, but make sure the pan is dropped and the filter is changed. She had an appointment last Monday but they had failed to order the filter. That made me feel better about the whole deal and them ACTUALLY changing the filter instead of just flushing it, which I didn't really want but at 38k miles, it should be fine. They saved a sample of the fluid for me. I'm curious how it looks. I'll know when I get home.

Daddy gonna be figuring out what it takes to do this **** at home for the next round

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$640 yikes! I'm bitching about $150 fluid change in the NV
I felt the same way when she called and said it was done. She says "They finally got finished up. They said the fluid was really expensive"..I'm like "Yeah, like $5 a quart on Rock auto so they probably get $15 or so. How much was it?".....Her "$640". Me

llamastare.gif

Oh well, its done and I'm glad they exchanged all the fluid for fresh ****. Prob run it longer next time:)

Just wanted to update the thread for those who come next. Anyone who does the service themselves, or has a good "how to", please post it. I hate paying for something I'm sure I could do myself.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing like them forcing a bunch of fluid around in there to “flush” it while knocking loose everything that the magnet was collecting for safety. I’d find a way to drop the pan and change filter and do a proper service on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne