2018 Tahoe Lowered but what shocks ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Tahoe lowered now with Belltech drop spindles . It has autoride ( or whatever they call it ) but I what something better like coil overs or better shocks , has anyone done this ? any suggestions ? Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks here have replaced the Autoride active suspension with various passive suspensions, and the main reason often given is cost. I cannot speak to a lowered suspension, but many folks in this Forum have lowered their trucks, and they will chime in.

My new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, had a converted passive suspension on it with rear coilovers when I purchased it. The ride was OK, but after a year, I bit the bullet costwise and converted back to the OEM active suspension. The ride improvement was very significant, and my personal opinion is that the OEM active suspension is far better than a passive suspension.

If you really want to feel a true performance handling improvement, get yourself a set of front and rear Hellwig sway bars.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above post. I had a 2016 Tahoe LT brand new and a 2008 Escalade with active and I chose to drive the Escalade over the new Tahoe. I regretted everyday that I did not get the LTZ or Denali. I ended up getting rid of the Tahoe LT early 2020 and keeping my 2008 all the way till early 2022 when I purchased a 2018 Escalade Luxury with 47k. I was not a fan of the 2021 model. I did not like that the rear end on the 2021+ because it was not a solid axle. I don’t like the way it looks from behind with all those components hanging low on the current gen. I love the truck 1500 frame better. Also the new gen. has to be bigger to fit all the rear components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401