2018 Nav System Map Update Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syniba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 every day. Every drive. I really wish our in-dash system could put up Waze on the screen.......

If you use Android you can already do this, and if you use an iPhone, Waze just put it's CarPlay app in beta testing and will release soon. Google Maps is already working on CarPlay with iOS 12.

Yukon Forum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got to love the old Garmin's! I hardwired mine in using a proclip mount. It turns on and off with key. I don't care for the built-in nav. Can't type in an address if there is not a passenger sitting in seat, voice rec doesn't work with a crap for me, and free lifetime map updates are hard to beat. Family likes seeing the trip information on the Garmin when traveling long distances.

garmin.jpg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to love the old Garmin's! I hardwired mine in using a proclip mount. It turns on and off with key. I don't care for the built-in nav. Can't type in an address if there is not a passenger sitting in seat, voice rec doesn't work with a crap for me, and free lifetime map updates are hard to beat. Family likes seeing the trip information on the Garmin when traveling long distances.

X2

Csurp

Reaction score
My Tahoe came with the Nav option but I prefer Android Auto.

Voice commands are good and everything functions as it should.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM nav systems in my past trucks and current 2015+ Denali cannot hold a candle to aftermarket GPS like Garmin or TomTom. If you buy the GPS with lifetime updates you're set. Buy a ProClip mounting system for the GPS and you're good to go.

Why on earth would you do this instead of using an app on your phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas