2018 Denali/Question on repair quotes from dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAYukonDenail2018

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy,
I've got a question for some repair quotes I received from my dealer. I have no mechanical background nor skills at all. 2018 Yukon Denali (not xl) 64.3k miles. Rough idle for a while. Based on research, I was somewhat expecting motor mounts. Quotes are:
Driver side motor mount: 810 out the door
Leak on side tank of radiator. Full text: "RADIATOR REPLACEMENT// LEAKING FROM SIDE TANK. RECOMMEND REPLACEMENT NOW. THERMOSTAT CYCLING CAUSES LEAK, RECOMMEND THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT WITH REPAIR." 1,500.
Water Pump replacement. Full text: "WATER PUMP SEAPING FROM CENTER SUPPORT BEARING. PLAY IN PULLEY, RECOMMEND REPLACING BEFORE GRINDING/LOCK UP OCCURS. COOLANT FLUSH REQUIRED." 520 for the replacement and coolant flush listed seperate at 170.

Water pump didn't sound too out of bounds. I'm somewhat surprised at the radiator quote. I'm in the metro Atlanta area and curious as to feedback on these prices - if they seem ballpark or I should look for better.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Dealers are always going to be on the high side of quotes. The work that you describe can be easily done by small local repair shops. I suggest that you engage a small local repair shop and get a second quote. I'm positive that you will be pleasantly surprised.

duke90

Reaction score
The motor mount quote seems about right. I was quoted $900 for the driver's side mount and I'm located in SoCal. Replaced it myself, but it is a lot of work. Can't help you with the radiator or water pump because I haven't had to replace those yet. Radiator quote seems pretty high though.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to your first post after "waiting in the wings" for so long.

IMO, you need to get with family and friends and see what shops they use. Plenty of qualified shops out there that are not in the STEALERSHIP umbrella. Surely there are members here in the Atlanta area that can recommend an honest qualified shop and get a second opinion.

By the way, what was the original complaint that caused you to have vehicle looked at? Or were you there for an oil change and they hit you with a grocery list? Kind of weird that you have a motor mount related concern and a cooling system concern at the same time, unless you had been ignoring a problem for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019