2017 Tahoe LT 4x4 Rear liftgate motion sensor not working. Ambient sensor stuck at 85 degrees.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trkr-ma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Issues with my rear motion sensor to liftgate. I had an air lift put In for a 1x move to Texas. ( reputable shop, or so I thought) I'm wondering if installing air valve on bumper compromised sensor.
Also having issues with ambient sensor. I've read how to re-set by pressing buttons on ac controls, I did that and nothing happened.
C'mon all you guys & gals, share your expertise.

Thank you in advance...

Attachments

• 20230531_121416.jpg
    20230531_121416.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 1

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Issues with my rear motion sensor to liftgate. I had an air lift put In for a 1x move to Texas. ( reputable shop, or so I thought) I'm wondering if installing air valve on bumper compromised sensor.
Also having issues with ambient sensor. I've read how to re-set by pressing buttons on ac controls, I did that and nothing happened.
C'mon all you guys & gals, share your expertise.

Thank you in advance...
Welcome to the forum.

Not very familiar with your year of vehicle, but for the rear sensor, I’d get underneath and check all the wiring that is near where the airlift work was done. There is a chance that they bumped a connector and now it’s loose or they pinched a wire somewhere.

As for the ambient temperature sensor, are you referring to the sensor for outside air or for inside air temp?

OP
OP
Trkr-ma

Trkr-ma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Not very familiar with your year of vehicle, but for the rear sensor, I’d get underneath and check all the wiring that is near where the airlift work was done. There is a chance that they bumped a connector and now it’s loose or they pinched a wire somewhere.

As for the ambient temperature sensor, are you referring to the sensor for outside air or for inside air temp?
I'll crawl under there today. Yes, for outside temp. Oddly I got in truck last nite and it was working. 110° Gotta love this Texas heat.

Thank you, I'll post on what I found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo