2016 GMC Yukon- towing rv ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KELLY WILLIAMS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 GMC Yukon 4WD SLT v8. We are looking to purchase an RV. I am wrapping my head around vehicle weight, rv weight and all the in between. I have codes from my glove box - Are one of these codes my axle ratio? I think since my Yukon is the one that can switch to 4wd it is the 3.42 but I can't say for sure.

Also, has anyone else towed an RV with this vehicle? Any suggestions or recommendations when we do tow?

Thank you!
Kelly

OP
OP
K

KELLY WILLIAMS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GU6 is the 3.42 gear and the GT4 is the 3.73 gear. G80 is the locker
Thank you so much.. I see on my sticker a GAZ, GU4 and G80. The options according to my owner's manual is 3.08 or 3.42. Is there a website I can look the codes up? I have googled it but seem to be missing it.

OP
OP
K

KELLY WILLIAMS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GU4 is a 3.08 gear. GAZ is the vehicle color code. White, correct?
Yes white - well that 3.08 is disappointing. That means my MAx trailer weight is 6,300 vs 8,200...well oft to finish my calculations. Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond!!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem. You can still tow but will lack oomph off the line and the ring gear will wear quicker. But yes, pay attention to what the tow limits are. There is always a reason for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues