2016 2nd Row Seat Belt Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppvfan

Reaction score
Good day. I bought a 2014 Tahoe PPV at auction and discovered that it has a 2016 2nd row split bench seat like the one below.

my-2016-tahoe-seat.png

However, the RH and LH seat belt buckle ends are missing. The center one works fine. From the searching I've done it looks like I need a GM 84600044 buckle end. That part looks like it should fit both sides if I flip it over. I've called a couple of dealers and just end up confusing them with this.

What would be a big help is if someone with a similar 2015+ seat can take a photo of the 2nd row buckle ends for me. It appears they fasten to the seat with one bolt.

Also, if I could get a photo and measurements of the seat belt latch plate I can compare that to my 2014 and make sure my belts fit the 2016 buckle end.

Sorry for the convoluted post but this is the last thing I need before the safety inspection. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Edit: I dropped in to my local Chevy dealer today and the parts guy got me sorted out. It's going to cost more than ordering online but I know I'm getting the right parts.

Last edited:

ramchol76

Reaction score
I have the same issue, did you end up changing the seat belts or the buckle ends? I am planning to change the seat belt to match with the seat and the buckle end.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
I ended up trying a few different buckle ends until I found ones that worked. I'll go and check the part number and reply with that a bit later.

OP
OP
P

ppvfan

Reaction score
What I ordered was GM 19121589. One for the left rear and one for the right rear. My center belt worked fine.

That part is a double buckle end. It seems like a waste but after 2 months of trying different GM and generic parts, it was the only thing that worked.

I attached it directly on the left side and tucked the extra buckle into the seat. For the right side I had to turn the mount 90 deg to attach it, then tucked the other buckle away. I recall having to do a bit of grinding to make it fit.

The whole process was a time consuming pain but it works fine now. Cheaper than buying another seat I guess.

ramchol76

Reaction score
thanks for the inputs, very helpful. I just got the seat belt planning to fix this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos