2015i Tahoe GPS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pyoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015i LTZ built in Feb 2015. Got the dam water leak from antenna.

What causes the leak and what is different about the replacement antenna? Seal looks good to me except for little gap at the back but people claim that even replacements still have this )(vent or drain??)

From what I've been explained, the actual seal is internal and not the visible portion that meets the body of the truck. Here a picture of the underside of a similar antenna. The oval foam gasket around the post is what causes the leak.

I had GPS signal failure with my original antenna, the tech said when he removed the antenna cover water came pouring out. Then with the replacement antenna I had water leaking into the truck, for that fix they used sealant where the gasket would go. That fixed the problem but the GPS signal went out again. They replaced it with the same problem antenna model as the original, then they were informed by GM there is a revised version which addresses all issues, but an unknown wait time as the part is back ordered. But that was 3 months ago, so hopefully they have the newer antenna readily available.

I would have thought they would have put the newer antennas in the production line by Feb.

Hope you get the right fix the first time. Good luck.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32394&stc=1&d=1428321477

Attachments

• $T2eC16Z,!)sE9swm,1LCBR0z!H!RUg~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16Z,!)sE9swm,1LCBR0z!H!RUg~~60_57.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
J

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after several months my buyback is going through this week, my nav issues seemed to have been fixed with the new antenna, etc.. I had constant other issues after that though, service driver assistance which is the vibrating seat, mine would either vibrate for 5 minutes straight or wouldn't work at all. Nav screen would freeze for a day at a time, radio volume would die without warning. looks like a lemon overall, hopefully new one is ok..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019