2015 Yukon Denali dead after 2 weeks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBaganATX

Reaction score
So I bought my wife a 15 Yukon Denali a few weeks ago. She drove it Friday no issues. She was leaving for dinner w friends last night and it was dead.

Couldn't jump it because the way it was in the garage, couldn't get it out of gear, Nada.

Roadside service showed up and got it enough juice to get it neutral.

Got it in the street got it jumped, got it on the wrecker and off it went. Only had 600 miles on it.

If you have a push button start Yukon, I would recommend getting a second battery.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything left on to drain batt? I have heard of batt dying on dealer lots due to no use or dead on arrival. But that seems strange? Aren't they all push button? Just passed 10,000 miles on mine no batt issue so far fingers crossed.

HUMBL57

AC Guru
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stinks... I'm just saying doesn't look like your dealership did you any favors. Should have gotten a good charge while they were prepping it for delivery. Assuming it wasn't just a defective battery

YukonRon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That bites! Sorry to hear that.

Same thing happened to my brand new RAM 1500 truck last year. Got towed to the dealership within the first week of ownership due to battery issues. It happens sometimes.

Hasn't had a single issue since then (and I truly LOVE that truck!) so hopefully yours won't either!

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem so far is the transfer case but looks like after last relearning is holding up good. Battery looks good up to today, i have 15,678 miles.
:hmmm2:

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope you get a fix/solve soon. I haven't had any problems that anyone has posted. Knock on wood... I'm sure it's just a dead cell in the battery.

TheAgency

Reaction score
That's not a good feeling on a new truck, but hopefully it's contained to just a bad battery. I posted a while back about the 3 dead '15 Tahoes on the dealer lot, and have since suspected they all got a bad batch of batteries or user error with all of the people playing with this and that.

Aside from some small nuances that have been easily fixed, these trucks are some of the best vehicles I've ever driven, in my opinion.

stevegbro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine a few weeks ago. It was completely dead one morning. Nothing was left on and dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Basically jumped it and it was fine. I'm dreading the day that this problem reappears. Something that gets constant power drained the battery all the way down to 4 volts not sure what it could be or what it was. I parked the truck at 10pm then at 7am it was dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesertGator

Latest posts