2015 Suburban LTZ - Magnetic Suspension Delete / Swap Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is everyone reusing their stock MRC springs when swapping out the front suspension for a non-MRC setup?

JasonK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m about to replace the MRC on mine with Bilstein 5100s. Glad to hear your experience is positive and Xineering kit worked.
G00se - did you ever get the 5100s to work. I bought the 4600s and am wondering how to get them to work. I really like the ride and handling of the Bilsteins and am trying to avoid the Monroe assembly.

Brandon Skiver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just sharing my experience for others... seams to be a common issue.

2015 Suburban LTZ (Z95 suspension code) 96,000 miles

So the magnetic struts and shocks were worn out. Front left strut made rattling noise/leaking, right rear shock was frozen stiff. It was riding extremely harsh. Even before it rode too much like a sports car to me and didn't have the plush ride I would expect from a big SUV. I didn't want to replace them all at $300 a piece so started researching options. I also didn't have faith in the new magnetic suspension lasting beyond 40k-50k miles. To me it was too much of a gamble and in the end I'd have a suspension that I probably wouldn't have been happy with.

I researched some options on removing the magnetic system. Found a company that makes simulators for the computer so no codes, etc are thrown. I went with a Magnetic Suspension Delete kit made by X-ineering. http://xineering.com/shocksims.html

It all simply plugs into the factory harness connections for the strut/shocks and then for the ride height/level sensors. I wanted to keep the rear air shocks so I did not bypass the rear ride height/level sensors. I only bypassed the front sensors completely.

Used a quick-strut assembly Monroe 139104 for the front. Put ACDelco 540-1675 air shocks in the rear. Knocked it out over the weekend in the garage.

WOW, what a difference in the ride! Now the Suburban soaks up the bumps MUCH softer and gives more of a "riding on air" feel without sacrificing the handling/control feel either. I don't feel every small bump in the road anymore. We live in the country and usually drive on roads that aren't maintained that well so having a softer riding suspension is important to me. So, if anyone is on the fence about replacing their magnetic system, hopefully this info will help making the decision easier.

How are you liking this still?

I am about to do this to my 2015 Yukon Denali. I have 22" rims what size of rims are yours? Advanced Auto says the Monroe 139104's are for everything except 22" wheels.

Do you tow with your Yukon? Just having trouble deciding on new Mag Ride for the rear or just air shocks. Im at 102,000 miles and that Yukon is ROUGH driving.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I am about to do this to my 2015 Yukon Denali. I have 22" rims what size of rims are yours? Advanced Auto says the Monroe 139104's are for everything except 22" wheels.

Do you tow with your Yukon? Just having trouble deciding on new Mag Ride for the rear or just air shocks. Im at 102,000 miles and that Yukon is ROUGH driving.

Did you end up changing everything out? I have 22s and am looking at the Monroe as well.

morespam1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the valuable info gents.
Swapped out the leaky-squeaky front magnarides for the Monroes and the xengineering kit yesterday. No codes and no squeaks.
The new springs make the front sit very high, but they will probably relax. If not, I will need to remove the leveler shims at the bottom. It rides stiff now, but was an easy install.

burb536

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@morespam1 What did you use for front struts and rear shocks?

I ordered these but now I am questioning the rear shocks because I was not aware the current shocks were air shocks.

Monroe Shocks & Struts Quick-Strut 139104 Strut and Coil Spring Assembly​

Monroe 911506 Reflex Monotube Shock Absorber​

I did order the ShockSim from Xineering

My dealership wanted $4100 to replace the Magneride struts and shocks.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to stay with the MRC then check the Arnott brand from Rockauto. Less expensive than the Dealer and you can do the work yourself.

Jmalik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just sharing my experience for others... seams to be a common issue.

2015 Suburban LTZ (Z95 suspension code) 96,000 miles

So the magnetic struts and shocks were worn out. Front left strut made rattling noise/leaking, right rear shock was frozen stiff. It was riding extremely harsh. Even before it rode too much like a sports car to me and didn't have the plush ride I would expect from a big SUV. I didn't want to replace them all at $300 a piece so started researching options. I also didn't have faith in the new magnetic suspension lasting beyond 40k-50k miles. To me it was too much of a gamble and in the end I'd have a suspension that I probably wouldn't have been happy with.

I researched some options on removing the magnetic system. Found a company that makes simulators for the computer so no codes, etc are thrown. I went with a Magnetic Suspension Delete kit made by X-ineering. http://xineering.com/shocksims.html

It all simply plugs into the factory harness connections for the strut/shocks and then for the ride height/level sensors. I wanted to keep the rear air shocks so I did not bypass the rear ride height/level sensors. I only bypassed the front sensors completely.

Used a quick-strut assembly Monroe 139104 for the front. Put ACDelco 540-1675 air shocks in the rear. Knocked it out over the weekend in the garage.

WOW, what a difference in the ride! Now the Suburban soaks up the bumps MUCH softer and gives more of a "riding on air" feel without sacrificing the handling/control feel either. I don't feel every small bump in the road anymore. We live in the country and usually drive on roads that aren't maintained that well so having a softer riding suspension is important to me. So, if anyone is on the fence about replacing their magnetic system, hopefully this info will help making the decision easier.
What size rims did your truck come with, mine has 22" rims

Jmalik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I have 22" rims did this option work with 22" rims

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne