2015 suburban glass hatch switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doc73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The glass hatch switch quit working. I replaced it with a new one. In less than two weeks that switch too has quit working. Where is my problem? Switch or wiring?

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a connector that needs cleaning or replacing, a bad connection or high impedance can cause things like this. May take the connector off there and look at the pins, see if any corrosion is present. If not at the switch you may have to check the connector from the hatch to the body also.

Does it still work off the remote?

OP
OP
D

doc73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t have a working remote at this time so I don’t know.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it work from the overhead console? Also, did you use an OEM part or advance auto special?

OP
OP
D

doc73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled the actuator motor and checked the pin ohm readings. Two of the pins give me about a 5.5 reading every other combination has no reading. Would this be correct? Problem is I can’t tell what color wire is witch pin.

OP
OP
D

doc73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck does not have a button for the glass hatch at the overhead console.

OP
OP
D

doc73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I swapped buttons from the tailgate and glass hatch. Both buttons work on the hatch and neither one pop opens the glass hatch. So it’s probably the actuator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts