2015 Chevy Tahoe PPV Issues - Just Bought off Auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilmemphis123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had several issues from this Tahoe i got, i did get it pretty cheap and have fixed most issues on my own, however I'm down to a few electrical issues i can't seem to fix.

1. The Child locks and Power Mirrors aren't working on the Driver Door Modular. the windows however are working and the window disable switch is working. The grey wires that go from the driver door connector to the power windows isn't getting power, the fuse that i believe controls this is good so idk what else i can check, i might not be checking the right fuse either. And a yellow wire on the corrector isn't getting power, i think reading on another post that could be the child lock power wire but not really sure

2. TPMS Issues - Both Front Tires aren't responding, but the rear is. i have a relearn tool that i have seen work on Tahoe and i cant get that to register. i'm getting new tires tomorrow so hopefully ill get a update on the Sensors.

any suggestions would be great thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had several issues from this Tahoe i got, i did get it pretty cheap and have fixed most issues on my own, however I'm down to a few electrical issues i can't seem to fix.

1. The Child locks and Power Mirrors aren't working on the Driver Door Modular. the windows however are working and the window disable switch is working. The grey wires that go from the driver door connector to the power windows isn't getting power, the fuse that i believe controls this is good so idk what else i can check, i might not be checking the right fuse either. And a yellow wire on the corrector isn't getting power, i think reading on another post that could be the child lock power wire but not really sure

2. TPMS Issues - Both Front Tires aren't responding, but the rear is. i have a relearn tool that i have seen work on Tahoe and i cant get that to register. i'm getting new tires tomorrow so hopefully ill get a update on the Sensors.

any suggestions would be great thanks
You need a scan tool that can see the internal codes for these issues. Tech-2 is too old for yours.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
L

lilmemphis123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the welcome, i came across this forum on google for help me with another issue. I got the TPMS issue fixed easy it was just a bad sensor and i have decided to let the driver door control issue go for now since its not a necessity to get fixed.

but now got a necessity issue lol - i turned the heater on the other morning and when i got home the radiator fans wouldn't cut off, without cycling the ignition. where i'm at on diagnosing is that the ac clutch will not engage and the temp gage on the dash stays below 160...coolant is good, unknown on the refrigerant, i attempted to use a Recharge container and the gauge went right to the Red.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the welcome, i came across this forum on google for help me with another issue. I got the TPMS issue fixed easy it was just a bad sensor and i have decided to let the driver door control issue go for now since its not a necessity to get fixed.

but now got a necessity issue lol - i turned the heater on the other morning and when i got home the radiator fans wouldn't cut off, without cycling the ignition. where i'm at on diagnosing is that the ac clutch will not engage and the temp gage on the dash stays below 160...coolant is good, unknown on the refrigerant, i attempted to use a Recharge container and the gauge went right to the Red.
I had this exact issue on my 2015 Suburban. Tried swapping the temperature sensor, to no avail. Ended up buying the thermostat assembly from GM, and it fixed it. Temp gauge stays right in the middle, where it should be. A/C started engaging again, all is well.

What you are likely experiencing is that the engine temps are not able to get up to normal range, so it throws a DTC code for temp below threshold. This causes the vehicle to go into somewhat of a "fail safe" mode, which means the cooling fan will run non-stop, and the a/c compressor will not engage.

My advice is to grab a thermostat assembly, and for good measure, a coolant temperature sensor from GM. This should fix your issue. You'll likely need around a gallon or so of Dex-Cool antifreeze as well.

Hope this was helpful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700