2015 android auto upgrade ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Synergy26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked and I did look I promise. TIA. I have 2015 GMC Yukon with 8 inch screen. Is there a way to add android auto to our vehicle for the navigation, and other pluses? TIA again

PJDYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked and I did look I promise. TIA. I have 2015 GMC Yukon with 8 inch screen. Is there a way to add android auto to our vehicle for the navigation, and other pluses? TIA again
I took my 2016 to the dealer and they were able to upgrade/ reprogram the system to do Android Auto. I think it cost me $100.

Theshadow21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my 2016 to the dealer and they were able to upgrade/ reprogram the system to do Android Auto. I think it cost me $100.
What did they do to your vehicle? I am having the same issue, I paid $300+ at a GMSC dealership for the software update, only to be told that wasnt enought I needed to have a new HMI unit installed.

PJDYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did they do to your vehicle? I am having the same issue, I paid $300+ at a GMSC dealership for the software update, only to be told that wasnt enought I needed to have a new HMI unit installed.
Just a flash/ reprogram. What year is your vehicle? I think I read somewhere that the upgrade was only available for vehicles manufactured mid-2016 and later.