2015-15 Yukon/XL/Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up GM family! I sit here typing this up feeling like a little kid before Christmas. Wife said she wants a new ride, and it will be a 2015-16 Yukon! Ha ha!

Here's our situation. I am a stay at home father, with 4 kids (8, 6, 3, 5 months). We are thinking about one more child down the road as well. With that being said I had some questions for those of you with experience in the Yukon and Yukon XL. I know the wheel base is 14" bigger IIRC, and a 5.3 vs. a 6.2. We recently PCS'd and we are a few hours away from family and friends so we will be traveling often between Idaho and Oregon. Weather here is also very different then TX, so 4WD or Auto 4WD will be a requirement especially when driving during the winter season. I'm going to try with everything I got to push for the Yukon Denali. As I am certain this will be the last vehicle we buy for years to come.

I guess what I'm wondering about is the all mighty MPG question lol! I do have the AutoCal from BlackBear Performance, so Justin will be getting an email from me here soon to tune the new ride up and make it more effecient. Does the Yukon's come with something that shuts off the V8 and turn it into a V6 on highways?

Sorry for the long intro, just really excited!

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called active fuel management, shuts down 4 cylinders during certain conditions to save fuel.
Hers some good info:
http://media.gmc.com/Pages/news/us/en/2014/Feb/napa/gmc/0224-2015-yukon-powertrain.html

Also congrats on the ride. I have a 2011 xl denali now and love it, and the new ones are even better.

Thank you for the link. Will be doing as much reading as I can before we go and pick one out. Unfortunately I don't think there will be to many certified used 2015's available. Might have to get a 2016 instead lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOOLI