2014 Tahoe PPV/Need tall 6” notch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaggedPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, glad to be part of this group, thanks for the add. I bagged my ‘14 Tahoe ppv a few months ago and I would like to install a large notch, not a simple c notch. The idea behind this is that I could move the upper bag mounts up 6” as well and weld them at the top of the notch. Seems like a good idea, but I purchased a universal notch kit and went to Weld it in and realized the frame narrows right where the notch would go. Does anyone know where I can get a notch (bolt in/weld in) that fits our frames?
Thanks -Greg

Attachments

• 61E19018-3737-4951-827C-07937F376C68.jpeg
    61E19018-3737-4951-827C-07937F376C68.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 6A155363-57FF-4B4A-AA40-D9C402F1AD8E.jpeg
    6A155363-57FF-4B4A-AA40-D9C402F1AD8E.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 17

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try posting this in the Street Suspension forum to get the whole population looking at your question. There aren't too many wild PPV/SSV builds on here, at least from what I've seen. There are quite a few with some major builds on the forum though, surely someone will have some suggestions for you.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Greg,
Nice looking Tahoe. You need to post more pics of your build. Do you have tubs?
I believe you'll have to build one, been through the net and can't find very much if anything about notches for our frames, besides custom stuff.

OP
OP
BaggedPPV

BaggedPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might try posting this in the Street Suspension forum to get the whole population looking at your question. There aren't too many wild PPV/SSV builds on here, at least from what I've seen. There are quite a few with some major builds on the forum though, surely someone will have some suggestions for you.
Thank you Richard, where would I find the street suspension forum?

OP
OP
BaggedPPV

BaggedPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Greg,
Nice looking Tahoe. You need to post more pics of your build. Do you have tubs?
I believe you'll have to build one, been through the net and can't find very much if anything about notches for our frames, besides custom stuff.
I have more on the Tahoe build on my Instagram, maddmarks. I don’t have tubs but I could make some, was planning to fabricate most of what’s needed but would like to see if anyone else has tried this with our frames, they appear to be unique.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Richard, where would I find the street suspension forum?

I have more on the Tahoe build on my Instagram, maddmarks. I don’t have tubs but I could make some, was planning to fabricate most of what’s needed but would like to see if anyone else has tried this with our frames, they appear to be unique.

I gotcha yah, I've looked about everywhere with no luck. Unique is an understatement haha.
Very cool, just checked your Instagram out. I like your taste, big fan of LSC bunch of my buddies used to have them and the lines of a Mark VIII are :boobs: such a sleek lookin car.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cool build, I followed you on there to check it out. @deltawhiskeyphoto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali