2014 LR right height sensor problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dammen8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my 2014 Yukon Denali. I have owned this vehicle for a couple of years now and ever since I bought it I get the service suspension notification. I have hooked my scanner up to it (2 different scanners) it shows the RR sensor at roughly .3 volts at ride height and this value goes up and down as it should while driving. the LR sensor didn't move at all while driving, so the error code was too few cycles from LR sensor (or something like that) so I replaced the sensor with a new GM one and the reference voltage is now reading .8 or .9 on the LR while the RR is still at .3. With the reference so high it starts the air compressor and wont shut it off. I put the old sensor back in and the voltage went back down but it doesnt show movement.

I figured maybe I got a bad new GM sensor so I ordered another one with the exact same results... What am I missing? Does the suspension module need to be programmed for the new sensor? Could it be a issue with the module? All I know is that the sensors are expensive and I really dont want to think I got 2 bad ones in a row. Right now I just have the wire disconnected from the sensor because it will pump up the rear until it blows the leveling kit out. This is a stock height application.

Thanks for any help, I have been scratching my head for years now trying to figure this out.

Chad

PS i did try and search before asking, but I wasn't really sure what to search.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my 2014 Yukon Denali. I have owned this vehicle for a couple of years now and ever since I bought it I get the service suspension notification. I have hooked my scanner up to it (2 different scanners) it shows the RR sensor at roughly .3 volts at ride height and this value goes up and down as it should while driving. the LR sensor didn't move at all while driving, so the error code was too few cycles from LR sensor (or something like that) so I replaced the sensor with a new GM one and the reference voltage is now reading .8 or .9 on the LR while the RR is still at .3. With the reference so high it starts the air compressor and wont shut it off. I put the old sensor back in and the voltage went back down but it doesnt show movement.

I figured maybe I got a bad new GM sensor so I ordered another one with the exact same results... What am I missing? Does the suspension module need to be programmed for the new sensor? Could it be a issue with the module? All I know is that the sensors are expensive and I really dont want to think I got 2 bad ones in a row. Right now I just have the wire disconnected from the sensor because it will pump up the rear until it blows the leveling kit out. This is a stock height application.

Thanks for any help, I have been scratching my head for years now trying to figure this out.

Chad

PS i did try and search before asking, but I wasn't really sure what to search.
Failures of the suspension control module are rare but not unheard of. I think the first step I would take is to trace the wiring through any connectors between the sensor and the control module. Then check for resistance or a short to ground in the wiring itself.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Use your diagnostic tool to reset the automatic level control (ALC).

OP
OP
D

Dammen8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I will see what I can figure out. Would by any chance anyone have a wiring schematic for the air leveling system or know what I could get one?

Thanks again. Chad

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I will see what I can figure out. Would by any chance anyone have a wiring schematic for the air leveling system or know what I could get one?

Thanks again. Chad
The wiring diagram can be found in the ALLData DIY database. You need to pay for a subscription to access the database (~$50), and navigation through the database can be challenging, but if you stick with it, you can find just abut anything in it related to your truck, including detailed wiring diagrams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442