2012 Yukon shudder/vibration around 1000 rpm and other quirks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidavidd

Reaction score
Something similar happened to me once, the engine air intake tube was broken. I changed it and voila! Check out the cheap/easy-to-change parts first, then the more complex/expensive ones.

OP
OP
MmmBrisket

MmmBrisket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Something similar happened to me once, the engine air intake tube was broken. I changed it and voila! Check out the cheap/easy-to-change parts first, then the more complex/expensive ones.

Thanks, David. Yea, that sounds very plausible as I myself thought the sound reminded me of air leaking somehow.

I'll report back on what I find out.

OP
OP
MmmBrisket

MmmBrisket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Aaaand another update...

Today the check engine light came on, so that coupled with the noise made me head over to the mechanic pretty quick.

The shop owner was there to greet me and I imagine make sure nothing they did caused any damage. He hooked up his computer and pulled the code which was evap related. We didn't hear the noise I heard at first, but then he revved the engine a bit and there was the noise again. For those that couldn't hear the audio file I shared, it sounds like a constant flutter...it's an odd noise.

Long story short, it appears to be the evap solenoid going bad.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaaand another update...

Today the check engine light came on, so that coupled with the noise made me head over to the mechanic pretty quick.

The shop owner was there to greet me and I imagine make sure nothing they did caused any damage. He hooked up his computer and pulled the code which was evap related. We didn't hear the noise I heard at first, but then he revved the engine a bit and there was the noise again. For those that couldn't hear the audio file I shared, it sounds like a constant flutter...it's an odd noise.

Long story short, it appears to be the evap solenoid going bad.

When my evap solenoid went bad, I got a CEL and codes P0449 and P0455.

OP
OP
MmmBrisket

MmmBrisket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And, one last update for now...

I purchased a Range AFM (thanks @jeremiahm) and just received it today. I installed it and that annoying 4 to 8 cylinder switching is gone! What a better driving experience and so smooth now.

I'm still going to get the BB tune, but I wanted to address this switching issue asap as I don't know when I'll have time to get the BB tune done.

Thanks all, for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts